SaltCritters.com

2.7 gallon

LekicINC

technically not a pico,but its pretty close. I just set it up...1 day old. I jamed in 6 lbs of premium aquatic nano lr. Its running at 78 degrees. Im running an aquaclear 20, w/ nothing in it but half a pound of lr rubble. The lighting is 2X13 watt pc's one daylight and one actinic. Should i add anything to the filter in the way of media. The tnak came with one of those nano filters, could i use that to hold some chemi-pure and purigen? eventually it will be a fuge, waiting on macro and the light. Also, what do people dose the tank w. Do i need to dose while cycling? The tank will eventually hold zoos ,shrooms and maybe some lps. Thanks

I think its a pico too, its certianly small! anyone have any advice on the filter?

I use a whisper 10 on my 2.5 gallon. And that provides more than enough current for me. I have seen whisper or aqua clear 20's used also. Both good filters, for me i find the whispers filter easier to change than the Aqua clear.

cool, so i got my filter media tonight and it three bags dont fit in the filter. I was thinking that maybe it didnt make sense to have them on when it cylced anyway. What combinations do people use of chemipure, phosban and purigen? I was gonna try all three at once? Should i use them during cycling? Also, my chemipure was wet, is that how its supposed to come?

What combinations do people use of chemipure, phosban and purigen? I was gonna try all three at once? Should i use them during cycling? Also, my chemipure was wet, is that how its supposed to come?

I use Chemipure and Purigen. I don't see any problems with using all three. Don't use them until after cycling. Chemipure does come wet.

Yes, cp comes wet.... I would not bother to run all three... and like you said it won't fit. I run an AC20 on my 2.5g pico, I run a half sock of chemi-pure in the media chamber along with some bio-bale.

Also, setting up such a small fuge may not be worth the effort really, with trying to light it and such. Adding the second filter would not be a bad thing for adding water movement but little else.

In a tank that small, nutrient removal is going to be mostly accomplished with water changes.

Thanks for the responses, if i abandon the fuge, what would you recomend putting in the AC20? Some poly floss, chemipure and the phosban and run purigen in the small filter? I will put pics up soon.

Ill put up some pics when i get some stuff in the tank. Its jsut some rock right now, still playing with the aquascaping. I am going to cycle the tank until january 20th then start adding stuff. I am nto an extremelly ridiculously patient person, i just go on winter break fromt dec 20 to jan 20 so it does not make sense to put stuff in it yet, let pods grow and tank mature a little than add stuff. Maybe a clean up crew?

Archived