Cultivated Reef

Nano update (3 months)

nano neophyte

nano neophyte

After three months my nano is really starting to get stable and show significant growth. I'm pretty new at this so I don't have any really tricky animals, but I'm really pleased anyway. My GSP is really growing like crazy ... how do I trim that back???

Here they are from most recent to least recent (January, December, then November)

January.jpg

December2002.jpg

gallery11.15.jpg

nano neophyte

Thanks for the kudos whooozyooodady. !

Here are the tank stats - -

This is a 15 G Christopher Marks nano with a 3 gallon refugium in the back. It has a couple inches of SD for substrate and as much live rock as I could fit in there and still look good. The fuge also contains SD and small pieces of LR. There is a 150W Radium in the canopy, as well as two 32W 10K PCs. Two Icecap fans keep things cool. A MJ 600 provides ample circulation. And the whole package is kept warm and toasty with a 100W Won heater.

Here's my latest chemistry - -

Temperature 79.7

Ph 7.8-8.4

Salinity 1.027

Calcium 387

Alkalinity 3.0

Magnesium 1470

Strontium 0.94

Phosphate 0

Iodine 0.04

Nitrates (0

Nitrites 0

Ammonia 0

If you click on my signature banner below, your find my website contains substantially more data .. if you're interested. Thanks

alloutfront.jpg

Looks great Larry.... nice an lush comes to mind. Prolly looks REALLY cool with the water movement.... lots of nice "flowy" looking stuff.

Boy, as far as trimming GPS.... that stuff is very invasive and when I have done it I just got all medieval on it!...lol Stuck a big screwdriver in there and pryed it up and away from the rock then just snipped back the mat. Prolly totally the wrong way to go about it but have done it several times and never hurt the original colony.

When I'm at work, I frag off pieces of GSP all the time to put in the nano I maintain there, I just grab part of the mat and pull. Never hurt the mother colony or the frag. I must admit though, it certainly doesn't seem like the correct way to do it.

Archived