Innovative Marine Aquariums

Refugium??? Yea...Nea

JoeyG

Does any body have any exp. with a fuge, or suggestions? I'm pretty new at the hobby,only been nano reef'in it for two months any info on refugiums would help(do they work, how do they work, or maybe just a web. link that could help me on the subject).

Thanks guys!

29 gal, custom canopy 2x65w pc's,300gph whisper PF,106gph PH 260gph PH both maxi-jet,200w heater, 15lb aragonite reef sand, 80lb LR.

Hey Joey,

I'm not saying this to yank yer chain...buuuuuut if you go to the top of the page and hit that search button and type in "refugium" and "fuge" you'll get enough info to keep ya reading for the next week!...lol

By the way I am "pro" or "yea" as you said for the whole refugium thing. If for absolutely nothing more than added water volume to the system...but the benefits far outweigh that as you shall read!..hehehe

After you wade through all that info and you've got some questions then....by all means post away. (plus you can say "I did a search ya pogue an that wasn't in there" ) ;)

Dang, do I feel stupid! I'm pretty new at the whole computer thing. I guess it never crossed my mind to go to search. Well, thanks for the help guys,maybe I'll be back with some real questions.

ThanksB)

being in the wonderful mood that I am in, I will add to this thread, even tho you failed to do the search thing.

I own a 7 gallon bow front and the aquafuge adds 2 1/2 gallons of water to the tank. It is overflowing with caulerpa, has one large turbo somewhere in it and at least 4 sea hares (little bastards just keep multiplying). Tions of pods, mysys and other little critters like mini stars and brittle stars.

Does it help? Depends on what you are looking for it to accomplish. Mine doesn't seem to keep the hair algae from growing in the main tank but it does give me more total water volume, does allow me to avoid adding flake for the fish as the fuge inhabitants do end up passing into the main tank (especially since my neon dottyback has figured out how to swim up the outflow tube to obtain extra food).

I have also noticed that I am starting to get some halimeda growth in the main tank, which I assume is coming from the initial halimeda that was in the main tank.

All in all, I am a yea, not a nay on the fuge if, for no other reason than you get extra water volume.

Plus, I love shining the light on the fuge and seeing shrimp and other tiny critters scurrying about.

my mood is going to stay good for a while. got a client coming in to see me in 40 minutes and he is usually good for a laugh or two. then I head to the Palm for a steak lunch (god bless you Dr. Atkins) and then I am off to buy some suits courtesy of my old man who promised me a shopping spree if I lost more than 50 pounds (65 and counting). To top it all off, I then go home and get to change poop diapers.

Way to go dude on losing the sixty pounds. I bet you feel like a whole new man!B)

I work at a gym part time. I really like to see people have results, so many people can't stick with it!

keep on truck'in dude!

YA thats awesome cograts on you accomplishments. 65 pounds is alot. I dont exactly agree with the Atkins diet, I have my beliefs about it which I wont tell unless you care to PM because it may offened some. If your not already you should look into getting involved in weight lifting, I know I love it.

Archived