inTank Media Baskets

Almost fish : Poison Dart frogs

paradise

Went to a friend's LFS that sells poison dart frogs, got a whole slew of pics, great subjects. Here are a couple I really like. I left them big on purpose, 640 wide, to show the amazing detail on these creatures.

wribbit.jpg

wribbit2.jpg

paradise, what LFS is it? I know of one in michigan that sells dart frogs, just wondering if it was the same place. not amny stores sell them.

awesome photos as usual!

amazing pictures paradise.

What kind of camera do you shoot and with what type of lense. Im shooting a Nikon D70 with 105mm Macro lense. Im still getting use to macro photography so my shots arent that great.

nick

fantastic shots...i along with everyone else is interested in the camera used as i love photography and plan to buy a nice camera in the near future

paradice, where in so cal?

It's called Exotic Life ( I Think) on Topanga Canyon and Lassen in Woodland Hills (San Fernando Valley).

re: camera, I use Canon 20d w/100mm 2.8 macro, but the secret is off camera remote flashes controlled by STE2 wireless controller. Click on my sig for EVERYTHING you would ever want (and MUCH MORE) on Aquatic photography.

• 2 weeks later...

Paradise-

Nice Dart Frogs. I used to have them until I went into saltwater. Anyluck on breeding them? I had lots of luck. Should have had like 50-100 of them. The last clutch that I had about 12 survived. Anyways, let me know and if you have any questions feel free to ask.

35-55? You got a good deal, unless they've gone down in price since I got out of herping 2-3 years ago.

They can be a bit tough to keep. Not for the beginner, for sure.

wribbit.jpg

Awesome photos. Would you be willing to share a printable version of this? I'd like to print it and frame it if it's cool with you. :)

I <3 frogs

~randy

thx, everyone. Randy, sorry I dont give away files or prints of my stuff. I do sell prints, you can buy any one as a 8x10 matted print for $14.99 plus shipping. Contact me directly.

You should post these pics on Dendroboard.

--Diane

Darts are awsome, I used to breed a few species years ago. The fruit flies were a major pain in the ass!

Darts are awsome, I used to breed a few species years ago. The fruit flies were a major pain in the ass!

I just ordered my first fruit fly culture, I've got the viv setup, and I'll be getting my first frogs dec 3rd I hope

my kids are in charge of everything, I just tell them what to do

thx, everyone. Randy, sorry I dont give away files or prints of my stuff. I do sell prints, you can buy any one as a 8x10 matted print for $14.99 plus shipping. Contact me directly.

YGPM :)

~randy

Archived