Cultivated Reef

Ross' 3 1/2 gal. Ghetto Kritter Keeper Reef

ross76053

Had a little extra live rock from the curing tub & didn't know what to do with it. And the wife was complaining about the ugly green tub in the floor.

I really wanted a prop tank, but the $$ needed was adding up to quickly. Hence, Ross' Ghetto Tank. (thinking ESPI might get a kick out of it).

Large Kritter Keeper (about 3.5 gal) - $11

Whisper Power Filter - $10

"Bookworm" 13W PC - $20

"Ford Blue" Engine Paint - $4

Ebo Jager Heater - had an extra one

Carib Sea Aragonite - had some extra

On left - one freshly cured live rock

On right - one mushroom rock from my 10-gal

Small rocks in front - assorted mushrooms

Two blue-legs from my 10-gal

I'll add a snail when algae is visible (any minute now with my luck)

Total cost - $45

This is hardly "post-worthy", but I couldn't resist... Total setup time - 2 hrs.

Pretty cool Ross. I've learned the less money I spend on a tank the better that tank does.....that kritter keeper is gonna rock!

PEace, bryan

Haha... bust out the KritterKeepers!! Cool Ross.... hey just a word of caution from one KK user to another... the plastic on them scratches like wicked easy. Credit card and paper towels 'bout the best way to clean them.... and do NOT let anything build up on it where you don't want it.

the plastic on them scratches like wicked easy.
No joke, Glazer...my fingernail rubbed against the front of it - left a good scratch. This thing's really a piece-o-crap. I'll prob. eventually move it all to a 5-gal glass tank when I can't see through the front of this one any more.

whooozyooodady, just gonna keep mushrooms & one zoanthid frag (just to see how it does...Hey, I've got 4w per gallon!).

Its a step in the right direction. Now to do something about that wallpaper and those tennis rackets  
That's not wallpaper, dude. That would be paint. And don't go knockin' tennis!
really, I'm not gay...
Sure you're not gay... :woot:
I have one of those lights on my birthday wish list.
Me too! Feb. 1st I want another one. They're so easy to use (thanks again, Glazer)...

never mind the tank, the paint, the rackets, how about the shot of ross and his honey? what a cute picture. Put a couple of fish in the tank and see if they sit and stare at your photo.

Archived