Coral Vue Hydros

Some Latest Nano Pics...

bunjiweb

Yet another update.... few additions, The yellow clown goby died so i have replaced him with a couple of neon-striped gobies. One gold, one blue.

The Blue...

blueneongoby.jpg

The Gold...

goldneongoby.jpg

Blue Moved just as i took this one...

goldandblue.jpg

My Clown has decided he wants to host the large watermelon-stripe mushroom (pic with flash)...

clownhosts-flash.jpg

Latest picture of Pussey Coral...

#####latest.jpg

Tiny Leather toadstool frag I am going to grow a bit then take back to work...

leather.jpg

Yellow Feather Duster...

yellowfeather.jpg

And Finally a shot of the tank today...

tankshotnov13.jpg

Ben :)

hey, I think your tank looks really great. For the little amount of live rock you have, the condition of it and the maturity of the corals on it are awesome. Great job

Thanks, i'm glad someone finally took the time to reply. I have posted a few posts on this forum that people simply haven't bothered to reply to.

Is this the kind of place that you need to be a recognised member for people to actually take a 2nd glance at you, or have i just been unlucky?

Unanswered post...

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=71058

Ben

I am not sure. I think it all depends on what kind of corals you have, layout, amount of corals...I know when I hardly had any corals, I never really gotten many replies. It was usually the "off to a good start" deal. I have been reefing for quite a few years before I hopped onto this site, so i already knew I was off to a good start...it also all depends on if the public actually likes the tank and its layout. Personally, I like your tank because of the natural approach, much like what I do by allowing the corals to grow wherever they want (onto the back wall, even touching others like the 5 different varities of zoanthids and palythoas all intermixed in patches in my tank) within reason. I notice a lot of that going on in your tank too. Other people like the sterile, fake, approach where it looks like a coral is just hovering in whitespace (liverock) or in the sand without much thought as to why the coral should even be placed there... as if it would look like that in its natual enviroment. Maybe it is to focus the attention only on that coral...like a gallery? I like to look and discover corals in a tank that are not so easily and obsiously seen. Almost like the I SPY picture books. Anyways, I like the approach you made with what you have, it is definatly natural looking.

Pili...I think that is an internal wet/dry filtration system. Correct me if I am wrong bunjiweb

It's not wet/dry, but its an internal 3 stage filter. It has a small sponge for polishing the water, then it has ceramic tubes and a bag of carbon. It then has a 600LPH pump with outlet top left.

It is the filtration that came with the tank and it does its purpose pretty well (albeit vibrating a little bit) so i decided to keep it.

As for the blenny he is great! A real character who does a VERY good job of keeping ontop of nuciance algaes.

Ben

• 4 weeks later...

Latest pics, Added some more live-rock to make the tank look a bit more full, and added another coral and a couple of tiny frags/shrooms.

nanolatestdec1.jpg

nanolatestdec2.jpg

orangefan.jpg

Ben

Using a FujiFilm S5500, produces very nice pictures although with the marine lighting i have to play about with the manual settings to get a good exposure.

The tank is a 15Gallon "Aqua-65" made by Superfish although Aqua-One do a very similar tank. As stock the tank came with 2 x 11W 50/50 compact T5s although i have recently bought a 45CM Luminaire with 2 x 18W compact T5s in, I currently have one blue and one white although I am considering changing the blue for a 50/50 daylight bulb.

Thanks for the comments.

Ben

Archived