Pod Your Reef

Current question

channah

I have a eclipse 1 Nano with a micro jet PH. Is this enough flow for my corals? Also, location of my corals. I have my green, hairy mushrooms towards the top, my button polyps toward the middle and my starburst polyps at the bottom. Is this placement alright? I'm only using a 32W retofit (plan on adding a second set soon). thanks!

your question is a little vague unfortunately. without knowing the distances, positions, and formation of each animal and the current settings of the PH any answer may be 'correct' or 'incorrect'.

general recs, you don't want the shrooms or buttons (zoanthids?) in medium or high flow, for them low flow is better ime. star polyps (i'm assuming gsp) should have medium flow but can also do well in low flow.

i like to describe medium flow as a billowing breeze. high flow as a strong surge and low flow as 'just floating by'. use ambient bubbles or floating debris to gauge the flow by referencing point-to-point.

btw in the future, more info provided allows for better answers. pics being the best! good luck! ;)

Archived