SaltCritters.com

Acro in a 2.5gal with 55watt PC

xofinnocent

Im looking to purchase some blue tip acros. And i have near perfect water condition, with 55watt 50/50 lighting. Now i know that acros and sps grow best under Metal Halide. But i do have 22 watts/pergallon. Any suggestions

Sorry, forgot the suggestion. I would consider, since you said "some" acro's, maybe getting a small calcium reactor. They will need extra Ca to grow properly. Do a search on this site, I know there is a site that custom makes them fairly cheap. Donn't know if you want to go this route but otherwise you will become a Ca check'n freak trying everything you can to make sure you have the proper levels.

not to interject about a subject of which i know little, but i would suspect you would need a calcium reactor regardless of the aquarium size simply because these types of corals need lots of calcium.

hth

xofinnocent: For now but wait until you throw "some" acros in there, they will suck up the Ca faster then you can inject it.

Flaunt: Not if only one small frag was added, you could get away with supplimenting with liquids and keep it alive. Start filling the tank with them and thats a whole different story.

NanoReefer53

Acros don't suck up thhhaaaat much calcium, a reactor wouldn't be necessary for your tank xof. Just curious, how are you fitting 55w of your 2.5 gal ? Which bulbs are you using ? With 55w though the acro may turn out brown but yet will still grow because of your good water quality. As far as calcium, b-ionic will be fine, just drip the amount needed every night. Another thing you can do it have kalk water for your top-off water. Mix about 1tsp of kalkwasser per gallon of RO water and have an auto-top off do the rest for you. Do a search on google.com on how to use kalk. Other than that, anything is possible, the only limit is your mind.

Archived