Coral Vue Hydros

What type of water???

Crimper

What type of water should I use for my tank?

RO or DI

or Distilled? I dont have a RO filter, or anything else. I supose the grocery store carries Distilled water. but what is best?

You Comments?

Its not a matter of using ro OR di, you want both, RODI. Reverse osmosis that has gone through deionization. I'm not suggesting that you have to go and spend hundreds of dollars on a rodi filter system. Most LFS that sell corals already have a set-up in the store, and usually are willing to sell it for somewhere between .50 to .75 cents/ gallon. I find that it is the cheapest and easiest solution.

Distilled water works great to, and is extremely pure for about 1.00/ gal. Be leary however, of "drinking water" and "spring water". Although it is purer than the water from your tap, there can be some problems with it for your tank. Drinking water sometimes have additives. And spring water depends on the source and the brand. Both may also have a higher level of nitrates in the water than you would like. So, I guess in a long winded sort of way, I'm trying to say use RODI or distilled.

Good luck;)

Archived