Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Anemones in a Nano

mboze45

I am cosidering putting an anemone and clown in my 3.5 gal. Sea Clear aquarium. (I have a 20gal sump/liverock tank that I'm gonna hook up to the 3.5 so the tank is really about 20 gallons).

How hard are anemones in small tanks? What has been succesful in your tanks? I really want to try out a "heteractis magnifica", but heard that they're difficult. I am also considering "entacmaea quadricolor" (Bulb Anemone) and Macrodactyla Doreensis (LTA) as possible specimens to try. Please reply with any advice and or photos. Thanks!!

Matt

Ya, even a clown in a 3.5 is kinda too small. and anemones require PERFECT water conditions, and there arent many if any anemones that stay that small

Try aiptasia or I have heard mojano's are lovely this time of year. Those are the only one's I know of that stay relatively small. If your lighting is good, you may be able to get away with alveopora (clowns like to play in them). But in order to accomplish what you want to do, you'll need at least a 6-7g tank until the clown gets too big.

HTH,

Matt

yea man ive got a condy though im thinking its actually an LTA right now in my ten gallon its been doing good but I dont reccomend it for a 3.5 gallon at least not long term. read the article on anemones in nanos in the information section of nr.com itll tell u sum really GOOD info. hope this helps

nishant

Archived