Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

15 galon nano

walt13

I have a 15 tall with a lot of live rock and culerpra. I inherited most of the material from a friend who had a reef disaster. I had a nano reef a few years ago but moved to a fish only. My 15 has the same sand and some of the live rock from my reef. I used it as a quarantine tank for adding fish to my 55. I am really interested in starting a new reef after checking out this site.

I am thinking of going down to a 10 gallon instead of using the 15. Should I use the sand (crushed coral) from the 15 or start with new live sand? Also what I would really like to do is to have an anenome with a couple clowns but I have read mixed reviews on anenomes and clowns in a small reef any suggestions?

Thanks

Walt

have you ever treated the 15 (or any tank that housed the rock and sand) with copper? if so you're better off starting over with new rock and sand. on the clown-anemone tip-anemones wander and are capable of toppling rocks and stinging anything in their way. they're better off in a larger tank and by themselves. another danger is tank fouling if for some reason the anemone kicked it. a couple clowns (percula/ocellaris) would do ok in a ten and they definitely don't require an anemone. there are a number of corals that will sometimes host clowns and make more suitable nano inhabitants. check out nanoreefin's tank! if i were setting up a 10 i'd do it just like his!

Archived