Coral Vue Hydros

Local man ends 1 year fued with local shrimp, click here for details!!!

mattdog

Yeah,

So I got like 6 peppermint shrimp after my tank cycled to take care of an aiptasia problem that I had. Well after the aiptasia was gone, the pepps were supposed to be also. It didn't quite work out the way I thought it would. 4 of those shrimp cooperated and basically let me catch them, and 2 no matter what the bait, no matter what was taken out of the tank, rocks and all, would always elude me. Well after my move, one of the shrimp died. I think he got killed by a mantis that I didn't know I had and then turned into mantis puree after I did finally find him. As for the other shrimp, Houdini, he was always the nemesis of my tank.....that is until 3:00 AM this morning.

I get up and head to the kitchen for my post-midnight snack and I see this SOB up on my GSP's trying to have a feast....I lost it. I'm out of silversides and any kind of meaty foods for the tank so I really didn't have anything to bait him with. Oh yeah I did. We just got a fresh tuna in from the grocery store. Houdini has never had tuna, so I know it would drive him nuts. Put tuna in the net, shrimp goes in for a free meal and ends up in a little plastic container until the LFS gets a late Christmas present tomorrow.

So since March, I've been trying to catch this little prick and finally I won. I feel great. I feel relieved. And I know everyone now thinks I'm nuts. Anyone want a damn peppermint shrimp? Great for aiptasia, hell on your corals.

Matt

Originally posted by mattdog

Yeah,  

Well after my move,... and ends up in a little plastic container until the LFS gets a late Christmas present tomorrow.  

So since March,

When did you move? Why didnt you just take it out then?

What is a fued ? :D

1 search result found:

Forwarded to: Acronym search.

FUED: First Unit Equipped Date

:D

7 entries found for "feud".

Feud, n. [OE. feide, AS. f?h?, fr. f[=a]h hostile; akin to OHG. f?hida, G. fehde, Sw. fejd, D. feide; prob. akin to E. fiend. See Foe.] 1. A combination of kindred to avenge injuries or affronts, done or offered to any of their blood, on the offender and all his race.

A bitter, often prolonged quarrel or state of enmity, especially such a state of hostilities between two families or clans.

intr.v. feud·ed, feud·ing, feuds

To carry on or perpetuate a bitter quarrel or state of enmity

:woot:

A pictoral Example:

Dave,

I didn't take it out when I moved because i couldn't catch the little bastard. I don't know why I couldn't catch it. I just couldn't. As far as a f E U d. It's just a fight.

Matt

P.S. And that pic of the Family F E U d is priceless :D

My question is this, why has it taken a year again? When I put my hands in my tanks, i have to swipe the peppermint shrimp away. They run out and jump on my hands and run all around my hands and arms. I have to knock them off before pulling my hands out to be sure they don't exit the tank by accident. What I'm getting at is, if I wanted a peppermint shrimp out of my tank it would be the easist thing to get (aside from the corals)???

I guess my peppermint shrimp knew that I was out to get him. After his 5 roomates dissapeared, I guess he knew that he was next. He hid in the holes in my liverock sometimes and I would have no idea where he was. Other than that, he was too damn fast and smart. If i put a net in the tank with bait in it, he'd come from an angle that he knew I couldn't catch him to take a free meal. He was a smart little guy...now he's chillin at the LFS, waiting for another reefer's aiptasia problem. My only problem with him is that he had a taste for corals. No matter what else was being fed to him, he'd always want GSP's.

Matt

mattdog said...

my bad dude....wow...amazing how just a glance over one of my posts could lead to the insult of my intelligence.

You are welcome !

A message from the Members of FN' GEEKS.

thePenguin yammered on and blurted out filth and polution saying....

ever seen one jump out of the water? they are LOUD and SCARY as hell!

i am dead serious, dave, i was trying to catch a peppermint when, after several minutes of chasing it around the tank, it jumped out of the water and crawled up my arm. it made a horrible loud buzzing noise! idunno maybe you have to #### them off to get them to do it or something but this one did, and you can ask my girlfriend, it scared her so bad she cried. this was a big fat creepy one too btw.

and you spelled pollution wrong.

That's f'n hilarious. I'll have to make sure to #### all of them off at the same time on the next trip to my LFS. Similar to setting all the alarm clocks off in the electronics section of Wal-Mart. :D

Steve, thanks for pointing out the error.

BTW, "i" is a PROPER NOUN and should be CAPITALIZED as well as ANY letter that begins a new sentance.

PIPE + INSERT = SMOKE IT. :D

A Chuckle head decided to insult my speelieng....  i am dead serious, dave, i was trying to catch a peppermint when, after several minutes of chasing it around the tank, it jumped out of the water and crawled up my arm. it made a horrible loud buzzing noise! idunno maybe you have to #### them off to get them to do it or something but this one did, and you can ask my girlfriend, it scared her so bad she cried. this was a big fat creepy one too btw.

and you spelled pollution wrong.

Archived