Top Shelf Aquatics

yellow clown goby got ich..can ick go away on its own?

aznr3m1x

My yellow clown goby i got about 2 weeks now recently got ich...just wonderin if it will go away on its own as he is the only fish in my 3.5g..hes finally eating..popped some flakes in the tank and saw him take a bit at 1 or 2..so i guess thats a good sign. upon closer examination he has white spots over him. Should i soak the flake in zoe? can i leave him in the tank and let him recover on its own?

thanks

My yellow clown goby i got about 2 weeks now recently got ich...just wonderin if it will go away on its own as he is the only fish in my 3.5g..hes finally eating..popped some flakes in the tank and saw him take a bit at 1 or 2..so i guess thats a good sign. upon closer examination he has white spots over him. Should i soak the flake in zoe? can i leave him in the tank and let him recover on its own?

thanks

My fish got ick once and I just made sure they kept eating and swimming and it went away...

does ich come bak from time to time?

yes it can, its usually stress related.

i dont want to be too blunt, but clown gobies arent easy to maintain and often die in small aquariums. If the fish is skinny and getting sick, it's probably going to die soon. It's unfortunate, and I'm sorry to bear bad news. They simply need better foods than flakes, they need frozen foods and a variety of them to maintain the fish for long. I would try to find it a home and get a greenbanded, neon, or silimar shaped goby instead.

HTH

GL

i switch up from time to time with mysis, brine, flakes, got live phytoplankton cyclopeeze. it seems to be eating now..lets see how it goes

i switch up from time to time with mysis, brine, flakes, got live phytoplankton cyclopeeze. it seems to be eating now..lets see how it goes

Good!

good luck.

im not sure if ick goes away on its own, you may be thinking of lymph, they look simular

Ich is a parasite, it can go away on it's own if you keep good water quality and feed a varied diet, both of which boost the fish's immune system. if your fish have ich, you dont have to use chemicals to get rid of it. (thank goodness)

You need to treat this properly if it is ick. Quarantine it and let your main tank run fallow. Run the QT tank at hyposalinity. Personally, this is the only way I have ever had fish survive ick.

ykno wht.. i dont think ich is all taht bad. all my fish in my tank had it at once. it all has dissappeared in jus 3 weeks. i have a clown goby, a pair of clowns, nd a yellow tang.

-_-

honestly, you're going to lose the fish if you stress it any more by QTing it. just feed it well, keep the water quality great and the parasite will not be able to host on a healthy fish.

think about it. humans are surrounded by parasites, diseases, everything everyday. Why do some people get sick and others do not? a healthy environment and proper diet. we don't need to go to the doctor or hospital everytime we get sick and neither does your fish.

unless you're going to QT your new fish for at least a month, it's quite useless to let the tank "lie fallow" as the new fish will bring in disease.

its easy to get carried away when dealing with disease, but taking drastic measures is a sure way to stress the fish and yourself.

Archived