ReefCleaners.org

Filter for 2 Gal Pico

Willow771

what is an affordable and effective filter (name, type etc) that would properly fit a 2 Gal.

what equipt. would i need to run a pico?

what does a good setup entail...

it seems like every diffrent style of tank has many diffrent needs. so your help is greatly appreaciated

I have a Penguine Empereor 100 HOB on my 2.5 ( minus the bio-wheel). Inside the HOB(hang on back filter) I have purigen and seagel(chemical filters). Mini-jet 404 inside tank for circulation. Lights, 2x9@18watts is popular, but I would personally look for 2x18@36watts if I were to start another. There is a 2.5 gal contest going on right now in the pico section look there to see what they are doing, take note of thier inhabitants and see what you like and don't like. Lights are the most important component IMO. Have fun an keep us up on your progress.

what is an affordable and effective filter (name, type etc) that would properly fit a 2 Gal.

what equipt. would i need to run a pico?

what does a good setup entail...

it seems like every diffrent style of tank has many diffrent needs. so your help is greatly appreaciated

I like the popular Aqua Clear hob filters..They have a lot of room for a fuge if you want to use and setup a fuge, provide space for a heater, and modifying them is eay if you want baffles etc......they are adjustable in flow output and provide a good deal of flow. An AC mini to an AC70 would work......and can be had online for under $30

I look for closeouts on the clip on thpe PC lamps and utilize the sockets/ bulbs under a custom hood to reduce clutter. EAsy to do and if you look lots of PC lamps can be had relatively cheap, or yu can make a hood and but a retro ballast/socket assembly from Hellolights.com relatively cheap.

• 2 weeks later...

491162gallonoverfolw.jpg

Here is my filter setup for a 2.5 gallon tank. It works great. The Overflow keeps the water surface crystal clear . The whisper 10 provides plenty of good water movement.

Archived