Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Summarize your entry.

Blind Tree Frog

Blind Tree Frog

As entrance to the contest is about to end, it's probably a safe time to do this, but to consolidate things, those who don't mind sharing such information, what approach are you taking to your entry? How will it stand out? And if feel you have some, who do you consider your direct competition?

For those who know exactly how their tank is to be set up, consider it a call out thread. For those who are still filling out the details, consider it an brain storm thread (this and the idea thread that is) for those last few details.

The idea stew thread is here: http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=67560

I'd talk ######, but all Iv'e figured out so far is that I am using an air lift. Since I was originally planning on STOCK, I need to rethink some things now that I'm in CUSTOM.

basic mechanicals. Leather is going to be the centerpiece, then surrounded by zoos and a few shroom species. xenia and green candycane is in there as well, but the leather will be the showpiece

I'm looking hard for a gorilla crab and a few large apistia to complete my delve into tastelessness.

Edit - can't forget the full back wall of chaeto, ala FW planted tank moss walls.

display sps tank with mad flow compleatly populated by free/cheap frags form friends and local clubs/shops. display fuge with a variaty of macros acquired by chance from shops and firends. the fuge water will be running by gravity action into the sps tank, so hopefully I'll get a decent amount of natural food production as well as nutrient export by the fuge. oh, and also, diy/techy heaven!

go 05!

Jared

I don't know much right now, but I know that my open brain will be my centerpiece and will be surrounded by other colorful corals.. I'm looking for a planted garden type of deal...

We will see if I actually get there...

tank, saltwater, rock, sand, bubbles, corals, sunlight.

and now there's algae. (waiting for corals to attach so i can get a snail, c'mon hurry up!)

ohhh...im doing a more open feel.....with Macros (why is everyone doing this???) and prob. a centerpeice shroom (the nicest one i can find...and a nice big one) with zoas. and ricordea around it...also a certain kind of shrimp....or something else that im raising and only few have had them in their tanks on this site....i might try it out to be dif.....im raising them right now....they take forever to grow up....anyway they are black and yelowish gold......for a hint....

I was kind of leaning towards an all shroom tank with LPS highlights. The main focus is my new pet, Pseudosquilla ciliata. I picked her up last night, and she seems to like her new home. I'll get some pics of her in my thread tonight :D

To be honest I don't really know what I'm going to put in mine. I'm limited to what's available at the LFS at the time I visit, it never does to plan too much. :)

Best regards

Ann

Anemone pico... two types.

With a whole buch of super colored zoanthoids and some really nice lps to boot ......couple shrooms are going to go in for good measure.

...for added interest, an ascidian.

:happydance:

well as I said from day one mojano anemone and some macro. really this tank is gonna win the worst looking catagory I really am never gonna clean the glass I think my gravity is at like 1.47 right now. ha ha ha no really I am not kidding the pico has lost it's light as I needed to light my fuge so sunlight is gonna power mine. so save the silly 18 watts boys i got good old fashin' sunlight like the founding fathers of the pico... maybe I should move it by the window. the mojano is looking good and brown. my aqua mini pump took a dump on me last week so i had to literally beat it to get it running again. My tank has cost me nothing and that is what I plan on spending. I have noticed alot of macro picos and it is making me wonder will they be as foul and overgrown as mine? we will see. do I expect to win not really but as my entry thread title "May as well I got the stuff lying around."

I'm going to be gearing the tank (corals, inverts) around ones belonging to the Indian Ocean. The filter and live rock was strategically placed above some branching LR to use for High Flow / Higher Light SPS, a frag of my Kenya Tree and some Green Star Polyp. The middle with slightly less flow and light will have various Shrooms and Finally the left side (low flow) will have zoos and a few undecided selections including some Macro. Currently I have some Florida Rics in the middle but they will be coming out shortly. But that is my Theme so far.

Archived