Coral Vue Hydros

Algae problem leading to tank crash?

quiksilver5768

quiksilver5768

I know many of you saw my "Please help...suggestions needed" post a while back. Well since then, I lost my frogspawn and im in the process of losing my hammer. I am having a pretty bad hair algae problem and have been wondering. Is the recent loss of corals due to something triggering my hair algae? Such as high phosphates or nitrates. I just got a poly filter to see how that works. But im still not sure what can be done for my tank. I already listed all the specs and what not in my previos post so im not gonna go on and do that again. Thanks.

you could clip and paste it. ;)

Have you tried siphoning your substrate? I HAD to do that in a 2 year old tank recently, and it helped. Your bulbs could be going, or perhaps OTS is setting it. Its tough to lose ###### fer no apparent reason, but it happens to us all. Im in a battle myself.

quiksilver5768

Yea, it sucks. My tank has been pretty stable for the past year too. Its been running for almost 2 years. Its just suddenly starting to crash.

Also, what do you mean by OTS Dave? And about the bulbs, another peron also commented on changing the bulbs. But the thing is, how long does it take until you have to replace PC's? I got a 10K 55 watt PC JBJ bulb about 8 months ago. And another actinic bulb about 10 months. Is it time to replace them? I think i might have to replace the actinic but the JBJ bulb says it should last for about 12-14 months. hmm...

Archived