Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

2.5 gallon fish?

CmApEs13

Hey i am new to nano-reef.com so hello everyone,

-what kind of fish would be good in my 2.5 gallon AGA?

-i was thinkin something like this

Fish

1 yellow watchman goby or 1 high finned red banned goby

Corals

GSP

orange zoos

various other zoos

various ricordias

xenia

frogspawn

Inverts

1 pistol shrimp with goby i purchase (idk what kind either)

3 cernith snails

3 nass whatever snails

is this a good list for the 2.5 the lighting is 2x10 watt 50% 50/50 and 50% actinic so in all there will be 20 watts maybe more in the future but is this a good fish/coral/invert list for my 2.5 AGA???? suggestions wanted and critique me if i need to make a change(s)

if I were you, I'd go with either a neon goby or a clown goby. There isn't much else that you could stick in there. Most think that pistol/goby combos are fine, because they don't move much, but I'd worry about the bioload.

- how much sand should i put in it like how much pounds and how deep???

mickey85- do u have a thread on ur 2.5??? and how much pounds of LR do u have?? and corals?

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=69544

the last pictures are about a week old. I have about 3 lbs of Fiji in there. for sand, I have just regular normal pet store white sand that barely covers the bottom (probably 1/4" in most places). Water is kept at 1.023 SG and it stays at about 75-77* 24 hours a day. ATM, I'm running a little charcoal to stabilize the ammonia, and I"m also doing about 10% water changes daily. the reason for this is that I put a small piece of new LR in there to stick some zoos on and it didn't like that, so it's recycling a bit.

the rest of the specs are in the first post. any questions, just ask. the hood is custom made, and the ghetto door on the front is for feeding purposes. for a splash shield, I'm using a piece of 1/8" plexiglass cut about 2" narrower than the tank to allow room for the filter and allow feeding without taking the top off. You just have to lift the front of the lid a bit. All rock except the green one on the left side with the shroom is from Premium Aquatics.

I have a 4 gallon with a Green Banded Goby, Masked Goby and an Evoita Goby. check out the Yashia Goby, Hi-Fin Goby and Two-Spot Blenny as well. I see them regularly at the LFS i work at and the three i have in my 4gal have been doing great for almost 2yrs now. Good luck deciding on one!

Smurfette- really that is cool do u have a thread on ur tank if so u should post it i would really like to see it ya i think i will be going with the high finned red banned goby he is cool and do u have a pistol shrimp in your tank?? thanx everyone

CmApEs13 - I currently don't have a thread but will be starting one very soon. I just got my custom acrylic 4 gal to replace the current glass one so i could have a sump/fuge. i'll post some pics soon for you.

i found a very small pistol on one of the corals we got in so i put it in my tank and have yet to ever see it but i hear it every night. not sure exactly what kind it is and how big it has become but i am sure i will find out when i break it down into the acrylic tank.

thats awesome i wish i could find atleast SOMETHING interesting on my LR lol

- what kind of substrate do u use smurfette??? i just put in some crushed coral into my 2.5 from my 35 gallon so the cycle should go faster i hope

- is 76 degrees enough for corals inverts and fish because the heater i bought said taht is the highest it will go so is it enough heat or will i need something else??

- would a clown goby get along with a hi finned red banned goby and a pistol shrimp or no???

thanx for your help once again

currently i have some sugar sized oolitic sand as my substrate. will probably have to switch it out when i change over the tank. probably will stick with the sugar sized though.

76 should be ok, with lighting during the day it will heat up a couple degrees so it should be ok as long as the temp doesn't fluctuate too much (more than about 2-3 degrees)

the clown goby, hi-fin and pistol should all get along fine.

give your tank some time and your live rock will start to grow all sorts of things! :)

tthanx i will be getting my sand sometime this week probably live sand from the petco and then ill prolly wait 2 weeks and then add the LR and wait some more does that sound good???

sounds ok. I have always added my live rock first and then after about a week of die-off from the rock, i siphon out any debres on the bottom of the tank and then add my sand. then just wait and check water parameters to make sure the tank is cycled before adding any livestock.

i think i will do that put my LR in first sounds like a good idea now i have to go and take out some of the crushed coral i put in there though thanx

Archived