SaltCritters.com

Sands 21gallon ViaAqua

sandsrfr

Well, its been up for about 5 days now. System is as follows:

21 gallon ViaAqua (680 glass aquarium)

ViaAqua Power Compact lighting (2x36 watt bulbs: Actinic 03 & 10k daylight)

Ebo Jager 150watt heater (overkill, I know)

Aqua-C Remora Skimmer (soon to be updated with Maxijet 1200 and preskimmer)

AquaGlobe 200gph powerheads (2 total, one defective being replaced and additional 100gph to be added. All running about 1/2 throttle)

Red Sea Wavemaker Pro (skimmer & 3 powerheads to be run thru it)

24lbs LR (bought from Aquatic Outlet in Inglewood, told to be Walt Smith Tonga rock)

6lbs LR (Figi rock from established aquarium)

20lbs LS (from Aquatic Outlet also)

5 Turbo Snails

4 Red leg Hermits

Some additional items:

Custom cut Acrylic cover (seems to really be minimizing the evap.)

ViaAqua Ballast Modification (converting the unit from a single plug to dual/independant plugs so that I can run both lights on different timers)

Blue Led modification inside the Fixture (pretty cool moonlighting effect)

Some pics below (hopefully more to follow if I can borrow this cam again):

Front View of the Tank (rock sorta stacked...):

TANK_1.jpg

Angled shot to show more of the LR:

TANK_3.jpg

Overall (just cuz I'm happy how the TV Stand came out, did a bunch of retro/supporting inside to make it capable of holding the weight):

TANK_2.jpg

Some shots of the LR that I got (good quality? I hope so, this is my first venture into a reef system):

LR_1.jpg

LR_2.jpg

LR_3.jpg

LR_4.jpg

Thats it for now..... Hopefully in another week system will be cycled (tests thursday showed 0-ammonia, 0-nitrite, very low-to nill nitrate, 3meq/l-alk, & about 8.1-ph (so hard to pick this one on the color chart)...

Thanks for all your inspiration and help. Hopefully mine will someday become half as beatiful as all of the rest of yours!

Sands

that is REALLY nice tank. i've been seeind more and more of those via aquas around and i like them alot. you did some pretty nice aquascaping tooby the way.

Temecula Reefer

Sand.... great tank, I like how spaced out the rock is... how hard is it to rewire the lights? I need to do this also..... I was up at aquatic outlet yesterday and they have good stuff.... aren't these tanks cool!

• 4 weeks later...

"We're sorry but WebSpace is unavailable

There is no need to call as we are aware of the problem and are diligently working to resolve it. We apologize for this inconvenience and thank you for your patience. "

hehe :

the tank is great and so is the rockwork.

I love those via aqua tanks. I started seeing them about two months after I set my bow up and I was ####ed that I didn't see those (happy with my bow now tho).

Thanks for the compliments guys.... Even though the tank isn't much further along (well actually no new additions except for my black perc. clowns) I'm gonna try to get a digital to post some new pics.

Its so funny how hard it is to get the rock work back into the same spots. I was so happy with the way it was set up and needed to pull a bunch of it out (because my cleaner wrasse decided to try and die inside of one of them) and I could never get it exactly the same.

Sands

Archived