inTank Media Baskets

2.5 x 2

formerly icyuodd/icyoud2

formerly icyuodd/icyoud2

well i wanted a tank in my work room, so i set up a 5 g system 2x2.5g. miricle tanks (i really liked the black sylicon) i painted the back of the tank black. also the back and sides of the sump.

i started the project by removing the top trim from the aquarium. as i found out myself, you have to becareful. i broke my first tank removing the trim.

i didnt have a glass hole saw, so i paid my lfs to drill the hole. the original plan was to section off the drain in the corner with a 45* piece of black plexi. we'll call this plan 1.0. well the drain didnt hit its mark. the guys at the lfs slid 1" of coarse to the center of the tank. so plan 1.1 incorparated a 4" pvc pipe as an overflow. im going to purchase a new display ($4) as soon as i find a hole saw to drill the tank myself. i'll then return to plan1.0 my drain is a simple u made out of cpvc fittings. quiet and very effective. i added the airhose and cap to drain air out of the system.

post-14938-1130794822_thumb.jpg post-14938-1130795494.jpg

the light i purchased from a local hardware store $12 i removed the 4 screws that held it to its base, and mounted it on the side of the stand with the same hardware that held the lamp together. its a 13w p.c. lamp and i've added 3 high intesity blue led moon lights .

post-14938-1130794993_thumb.jpg

the baffels for the sump i got for free. scraps of glass from the hardware store. they even cut them to size. when i fixed the baffels inplace, i turned the tank on its side and used blocks of wood to space the baffels.

the system runs with the aid of a 185 gph mini pond pump. i think with the head presure, its pumping approx 160gph. i also run a red sea nano filter in the sump.

post-14938-1130795688_thumb.jpg post-14938-1130795732_thumb.jpg

im using a med. mogul (standard socket) phillips daylight spiral for my sump light. its a 6500k bulb. a temp fix until i can purchase an 8-10000k bulb.

and the display. the clown and bta, arent staying in this system for very long. im not sure what will end up in here, but i really wanted a tank filled with algaes.

the bta-im aware that a 2.5 is not place for a bta, however im tring to nurse him back to health. i purchased him 2 months back, so i could get a long sort after anemone crab. he was in bad shape when i got him, and things only got worse. he crawled to the darkest corner of my 30, where it was hard to feed him and he recieved no light. he still only opens at night, and hides all day. im hoping he'll warm up to the 13 watt pc, then i can move him and my clowns to the main tank after i remove my tomato clown (which is proving to be a pain in the butt.)

my stand, well its an old chemical company crate. hows that for ghetto? lol

id love to hear what you think,ways to improve,etc etc etc.

thanks post-14938-1130796359_thumb.jpg post-14938-1130796394_thumb.jpg post-14938-1130796429_thumb.jpg

post-14938-1130796634_thumb.jpg

Archived