Cultivated Reef

What Heater Are You Using?

minimalist

I need to replace the heater in my 4g tank and was wondering if anyone took a liking to the one their using in this contest. Links to where it can be ordered are appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

David

I just got a little heater from Wal Mart. $6.95, unbreakable, submergable, preset at 82 deg. I have it my 7 gallon with a 2.5 gallon fuge. The heater is for 2-5 gallon, but it is keeping my 9.5 gallons right at 82.

oh, but if it stays on at a constant 82 then it will not heat the water past the 82 mark. The additional heat will come only from your lights.

My problem is this; The mini Wal-Mart heater keeps the tank at 78 during night time.

During the day, with the heater working and the lights on, the tank hits 83.

I need a heater that will turn off during the day so that only the lights are affecting the day-time temperature.

This way, the lights can keep the tank at ~81 during the day and the heater will kick on at night to do the same. Thus, eliminating the large temperature swing.

Did that make sense?

I don't trust preset heaters.

The only heaters I will use are Ebo Jager, Tronic, and AGA (hydor).

I was skeptical about using the AGA hydor, but tryed one and have really liked it so far.

Via Aqua heaters suck, they are tricky to set as their dial is very confusing.

Via Aqua heaters suck, they are tricky to set as their dial is very confusing.

Does anyone else feel this way? Aside from their difficulty to set, why don't you like them?

Does anyone else feel this way? Aside from their difficulty to set, why don't you like them?

because they are made by Via Aqua :angry: (jmorris=not a fan of via aqua)

I went with a 50w Rena Cal heater for my 2.5g custom. I've used the Rena Cals for a while now and have never had a problem, aside from sometimes the temp the heater is set at is slightly different than what the dial is set to. This doesn't vary though, and once you have it set, it works fine (I just adjust per digital therms).

For the contest I have a Finnex 25w. The thing is super small (it fits in my AC150) and it is keeping temps very constant.

http://www.premiumaquatics.com/Merchant2/m...Code=Finnexheat

I have a cheap tecra heater from wal-mart in my 6gal and it sucks ass.. I have it on a timer to have it only on at night and even then it still brings tank temps up to 81 despite being set at the lowest setting (which is 72 degrees according to the booklet).

Archived