Innovative Marine Aquariums

How much harder is caring for a pico than a 30g?

oven

I have a Oceanic 30g cube now, and i'm being told that it is alot harder to keep a 2.7g nano/pico tank because of temp/salinity flux. Can anybody give me an idea of how much more difficult it is to keep a pico? Maybe some things i haven't thought of yet. Any help will do, thanks.

I have a Oceanic 30g cube now, and i'm being told that it is alot harder to keep a 2.7g nano/pico tank because of temp/salinity flux. Can anybody give me an idea of how much more difficult it is to keep a pico? Maybe some things i haven't thought of yet. Any help will do, thanks.

I don't find it harder to keep a pico, personally, just more attentive. Make an ato, keep the temp stable and the rest is like caring for your 30.

I don't find it harder to keep a pico, personally, just more attentive. Make an ato, keep the temp stable and the rest is like caring for your 30.

why style ato do you use? I am going to use a lvl sensor and powerhead for my main 30g sump. But on this lil thing, would it be best to use a drip carbouy?

I just use one that I made from a water bottle. This one: http://www.reefwebsites.com/agu/kalkdrip/ Getting the drip right is the hardest part.

thats what i mean't, but instead of having that one tube go to air, it should be specifically positioned on the tank wall so that when at proper water level, the tip of that hose will be covered in water, stopping any air from being pulled in to let the water out. so when the water level drops, air is pulled up, and it fills the tank until the air inlet becomes stopped by the increasing water level in the tank.

that way, you don't have to get any drop speed right :-P

Sure you can do it that way. I have mine hidden in a shelf, so the water drips into the hob. I like to camoflauge everything as much as possible...hmmm maybe a book could hide it going further down. *thinking out loud*

• 3 weeks later...

Archived