Pod Your Reef

Homepage up - Comments?

kng

Below are the links to my nano homepage (I'm still working on cleaning it up and adding some more details.) But for now, look it over and give me your comments. I am a complete newbie to all this, but it has been fun so far! My tank has been set up since 16 Dec 02, but I never saw it cycle. (Ammonia, nitrates, and nitrites have been 0.) I did buy cured rock though.

I started to have some algae grow especially on the glass so I added 3 scarlet hermit crabs and 2 snails.

As for the IDs, I already asked about the first image and everyone thought it was Aiptasia. Hasn't spread yet, so since the tank it pretty bare I was going to watch it for a awhile. I have no idea what any of the other stuff is. The unknown snail and crab are hitchhikers. Any thoughts would be appreciated!

http://home.hiwaay.net/~kgoble/tank.jpg

http://home.hiwaay.net/~kgoble/nano.htm

Nice site. There seems to be one graphic on the homepage that doesn't load, outside of that it's all good.

The image the the homepage is trying to load is nano_files/image003.jpg

need_id4 seems to be red feather duster worms.

need_id5 looks like another feather duster of a different variety.

Unless you were shooting at something other than the feather dusters....

lotta life on that LR

the pretty little fan worms/feather dusters are everywhere eh?-defintely not a bad thing

lots of sponges too-the mountain dew colored guys with holes in em

the black and white checkered snail-not sure exactly but i have bumblebee snails and nassarius snails that both have the proboscus that leads the way-prolly a relative-pretty likely that he'll burrow in the sand sometimes and just generally much on detrius. prolly not the best algae eater-but good nonetheless

can't really tell from the picture looks kinda like a boxing crab(?) or a decorator-might not be the best reef inhabitant-better setup another tank for him to be safe (as if you need another excuse) or call cmoresh-he loves crabs!

FWIW you might try shrinking down your pictures (after you click on the thumbnail and they fill the screen)-they don't fit in a normal size browser window-which would be okay if they were ridiculously high resolution but they aren't so they get a lil foggy.

Nice work- looks like a keeper!

Archived