Top Shelf Aquatics

tiny submarines and miniature cameras

thePenguin

i was wondering if anyone has built a tiny underwater camera, or a tiny little submarine, or maybe a little submarine with a camera on it, and maybe even some kind of tiny underwater microphone...for their nano.

nope, but that would be a pretty cool toy! i've seen larger radio controlled submarines with cameras but not something that would be small enough for a nano ;)

I have a friend at work who always lets me borrow his digital cam. I keep telling him that I am sure it is water proof but he doesn't seem to believe me.

My dad has one of those UW video cams for his bass boat. A bit big for a nano but I might have to try it in my 60! I'm not sure how good it is for closeups though.

technoshaman

How about a reverse periscope? I seem to remember seeing some kiddie aqurium with a scope that went into the tank you could look around with.

This should be the nominee for strangest post award for 2003 not the one for the algae! But, I would think a lip-stick camera and a monitor would work fine with a little silicon covering here and there, and a small plastic box over the lens. (match box size camera used by police in sting op,s.)

ChrisIsBored

www.marine-monsters.com used to have a mini u-boat listed on their website that was smaller then the size of an egg.

The actual packaging of it was a plastic yellow egg. I think it ran for about $50 but they had video of it running on the site.

The link is coming up null now though... :

Archived