inTank Media Baskets

Changing substrates pods Stay behind?

XtraKritical

XtraKritical

well i just finished "The Move" B)

So I went with live sand (Arag-alive) about 3" a change from the Dolomite I started out with on the advice of the same LFS I purchased the live sand. anyways

once I moved the fish n stuff out,

drained the water and began moving the base rock i notice how many critters exist below the surface!

So Should I be trying to move them to the new tank too?

Is that even posssible?

Im throwing away the old 20gal with iron standand but i left the water just above the gravel pending this thread...

anyone need a tank or stand(both very used!)

Xtra,

I don't think you're going to be able to "sift" the sand for everything...I'd just take a few nice scoopfuls of the stuff and toss it in the new tank. You're going to get some of the life..and what life there is will breed up to higher levels in the new tank. Thats the best thing I can think of...

Later...

XtraKritical

Thanks Deimos Posted the same thread on www.Reef-Central.com

and reef worm suggested I place a scoop or two in nylon(im thinking about using 1gal paint strainers, since i already have a few) and drop them in the tank for a week or two letting the critters migrate. sounds like it may work without having to used the old Dolomite I started with.

BTW how long a time period is too long? They are just barely covered in water no heat no light?

Just thought I'd share that with with my peeps here @ nano

Since i spent many hours here reading and searching and ultimately learning what im doing!!! LOL

Thanks and Happy New Year to all Reefers!

Archived