SaltCritters.com

clown behaving NOTnormal?

Stina

My female ocellaris is acting strangley...

I do not see any parazites, fungus or something similar, all i can say is that her behavior isn't normal.

After introducing juvenile black ocellaris, she had changed.

Her mouth is allways open, she is still territorial, but more in a passive way, so i would say this isn't normal...

She breathes "normal" but she is not interested in flake food like before(she eats only frozne brine shrimp.)

She really looks sick with mouth wide open.

My other fishes in tank(black ocellaris & gobidon okinawae) are acting normal, they eat normal and their social behavior is normal.

All my corals are fully open(Mostly LPS & Softys).

I just check NO3 level and it is little high, so reducing nitrate is my first priority.

Anybody have some advice?

Is this posible cyanid behavior? maybe copper poisoning?

Or some inner parazite?

Thanx in advance,

i hope for fast reply.

Vedran

Welll... most clowns are tank raised these days, so i would say no to cyanide poisoning. from the context of your question, it seems that youve has her for a while. Cyanide captured fish will die within a month, usually much less. Clowns are not a fish they use cyanide with, they net the fish out of anemones or cut the anemone off the rock and take the whole thing. I would say there is no way its cyanide.

an open mouth...? stuck wide open? jaws can become locked like that in fish, but usually only if there was trama of some sort. is your new clown a good deal smaller than she is? same species? if not you may have compatability problems with two different species or with possible two females.

From my experience, if the fish has a locked jaw, you can try to set it back manually, but in your case, i'd wait a few more days to see if it doesnt fix itself. it's not ideal to get physical with any fish.

GL

Six, i have her for around 10days, so it's not so long... cyanide is possibility, but as you say, clowns arent cought that way, so i belive you.

My juvie clown is 2.5cm, and she is 6cm long, so there is no way of 2 females.

Mouth is not "locked", but are constantly open, i have seen her closing mouth when my hand was in tank and she bite me.

(few corals have fallen...)

It looks to me like she got something in her mouth, and it hurts her to close it... but i stilll dont see anything.

Maybe some kind of parasite?

My friend uses ozone, and he said to me that i bring my fish to his tank, that he will cured it in a bacteria free inviroment?

A good idea, or not?

thanx.

Here is how she looks - in three photos you see that here mouth stayes allways the same.

Her behavior is so odd, i just can't stop thinkig what to do to help her? :huh:

p1010015.jpg

p1010016.jpg

p1010021.jpg

I have been told that this is early stage of Oodinium... i am preparing 30litres quarantine with lower salt level water, and a freshwater bath folr a 5min dip.

Anybody!??!

Fish died, thank you for all your help, i am disapointed that here we have so many memberes and only one took time to try to help me.

Either few cares, or nobody has exp with this particular disease.

Nevermind me, i am sad cuz i lost a beutifull clown, probably first marine fish that i got attached too...

kind regards,

vedran

Archived