Cultivated Reef

Anyone w/SPS under pc

MacnReef

I once saw a thread about SPS under pc, but I can not find it anymore. I was wondering if everyone that has SPS under pc could post pics and little info, tank size, what pc bulbs.

Also, I seen a thread once called "Show off your Zoos". I can't find that thread anymore, does anyone know where I can find it?

Thanx

I would try searching for thelogicalreef.com. that should bring up the zoo thread.

regarding sps corals under pc's, I had a nice acro and a couple of montipora frags that grew well under a 32w 50/50. I upgraded to mh after a couple of months but the acro and the montis were doing fairly well under the pc.

I think there was one at the members forum. It was a guy from New Jersey with a nano in his kitchen, he had his fuge up above his tank in a cabinet. Also there was a nano featured on hellolights.com, they had a guy from San Diego w/ a 10g filled with SPS running w/ 2x32w PC's.

I have SPS and LPS under 2 96 watt Compact Smartlights in my 72 gallon. The Montipora is growing at a remarkable rate, the donut (Scolymia sp.) is doing nicely too but not much sign of growth. I have another SPS cauliflower coral that I have not yet found a latin name for and it is doing well too.

I just put some sps in my 2.5 gallon.:D I have an 18 watt 50/50 and a 13 watt actinic 03. I put in a montipora (or digitata, i dont know what its called yet), an acro, and a brown birdsnest. After a week and a half, the birdsnest looked like it was bleaching, so I took off the 13 watt actinic. The others seem to be doing fine.

Also, I have a different birdsnest growing under my 32 watt 50/50 in my 12 gallon.

Yeah, the tank is supposed to have halides on it, but the bulb broke and the replacment hasn't arrived for 2 freakin' weeks! (Christmas delays maybe) So I am using for the last two weeks an ABS hood from a previous 29 gallon, that just sticks off the edges a little bit. Good catch

Pink Seriatopora, green and brown Pocillopora holding their own and growing slowly under 110W of 10K PC + NO true actinic in a 29 + 10g tank here.

I've had lots of luck with montipora digitata under 2x32: green, pink look fantastic. Orange looks more on the brown end, and purple have a brown base color with purple tinge of color. Encrusted & branched very easily.

Acros, seritopora, pavona, pocillipora all showed growth, but colors faded a bit, given the fact that they all came from MH tanks.

All frags were moved to a 65 gal with 4x96PC's and they are growing more quickly and coloring up more.

I plan to add a 3rd 32w PC to my 10 gal frag/quarantine tank, and I'm sure they'll look really great.

Anyone in the northern NJ are that wants a frag or two of these motnis can email me: I broke the c#$p out of some of the colonies while moving them, and have a bunch of mounted frags in the 2x32 tank. Cheap, but NO SHIPPING.

Ken

Archived