ReefCleaners.org

False Wall surface skimmer for AC500?

fishfood

I recently thought about adding a 10 to 15 gallon nano to my collection of tanks. Can I call it a collection if i only have a 135 reef tank right now..?

Anyway I've seen some of the setups people are running and it looks like the AC500 for a fuge is a great idea. I've seen how many people do not like the surface skimmer that you can add to them. I also like the idea of hiding a ph behind a false wall.

I had wanted to put this false wall in like a normal corner overflow box so that the return from the AC500 goes back into the tank, not the overflow. What I'm really wonders is if the intake tube for the AC500 would work in the overflow. I intend to put a ph(for extra current in the tank) and float in there as well for auto top off. That would keep the water level in the overflow area high enough so the AC500 doesn't loose suction.

In skimming these forums the last few days I haven't seen anyone set up something like this. Would what I'm describing work. It seems like it would, but I'm sure i've missed something.

Archived