Top Shelf Aquatics

7 Bow now with a clam

"333"

Right now I am useing 2x32w PC but in about a month I am moving him to my 20g that has 175w MH and 2x32 pc he is only about 1'' long just a baby so lightis not that important right now.

I use a mix of DT live marine photoplankton and Roti - Rich in a Sryring But I don't know how many times a week I should feed him I think once is enough anybody have an Opinion I sure would appreciate it Thank you

The ClamsDirect guy has a page on feeding the wee ones here:

http://www.clamsdirect.homestead.com/files...mcareindex.html

Clams are filter feeder and do not require any special feeding.  I like to feed my babies (1" to 2") DT's Marine Phytoplankton.  

This is what I do, take your small clam out and place in a bowl with your tank water and put just enough DT's to turn your water a light green. Leave the clam in there for about 20 minutes and the water will turn clear. Place the clam back in the tank. I do this a few times a week.  I know some people do not do this but I like to as it only takes a few minutes.   When acclimation I also like to put some DT's in the acclimation bowl to help with shipping stress, like an IV.  I have been doing this lately and seem to help.

Archived