inTank Media Baskets

lgreen's pico

lgreen

just put in my order for marshall island rock and florida sand from premium aqautics!

wasn't going to do it, and just go with local rock/sand, but i like PA's nano rock so much i couldn't resist.

i hope there live sand is good. screw the indopacific i guess.

• 3 weeks later...

Update:

Tank has been up for like a week now, but as you all know I am horribly lazy when it comes to posting pics.

I had to scratch my PA order, as I decided I only wanted to spend like $40 dollars on the whole thing and I knew the tank would cost $10, the rock would cost like $10 (local), and everything else would be free since I already had it. If I went with PA, I would have spent $30 bucks just on rock and sand. Rather this way it leaves me with like $20 bucks to buy something awesome (like a coral, or little fishy) for the tank.

I need to clean the algae off the glass real quick and then I will post a pic. Give me 15-20 min.

hmmm I went with PA live rock and live sand. They give you a TON of live rock (I ordered 5 pounds and they gave me around 8 :) ) Its very bare though, and was really expesnive ($45). I just went with them because my lfs' rock looks like crap........ literaly :wacko:

First Check In Pic:

fdzt51.jpg

Just threw some rock in there to get it going. Might change it. Will have to see what comes in this week as far as rock at the fish store.

• 2 weeks later...

update:

pulsing pink xenia, pink zoos, super neon green star polyp

fyzlap.jpg

dang it took like 20 shots to get a freaking descent pic with that pos sony. i need nikon bad.

took you long enough to post an update...anyway release your sectrate weapon....(show us a pic...so everyone can marvel...like they did with Tigah's stupid shrimp...lol...)

yah, i don't update till there is something worthg the time of updating.

xenia and gsp are worth the time.

i was looking at the livestock list for my store the other day. dang, i should have ordered a extra small cowfish, that would have been b*tchin. j/k

looking good! Try looking for a white balance setting on the camera. put a peice of white paper in the lighting from your tank, zoom in on the paper so you just see the white, and set the white balance. That should help to correct the colors at least. Or you could go buy a nikon D200... :P

looking good! Try looking for a white balance setting on the camera. put a peice of white paper in the lighting from your tank, zoom in on the paper so you just see the white, and set the white balance. That should help to correct the colors at least. Or you could go buy a nikon D200... :P

sadly, i did all of that. pretty pathetic huh.

my tax return this year should be gynormous, so we'll see come jan/feb about maybe getting a nikon. it will probably be a d50 though, not a d200 :P

• 1 month later...

i cant find my damn memory stick for my camera, i think i lost it...craps

i set it on my entertainment center in my room and now it is gone.

i'll update as soon as i find it.

(dang, i figured there would have been another check in by now)

Archived