Top Shelf Aquatics

[CUSTOM] paco1l1d

paco1l1d

Okay, I love this hobby to much to bail because of a technicallity. Here is a pic of the tank with live rock. (will be adding a little more eventualy)

2_5_rock.jpg

I will be upgrading the lights, and filtration to a HOB fuge, and buying a smaller heater. And I'm thinking about adding black sand.

Okay so I don't like being last in the fourm, so I figured I would do an update. Will be rearanging the rock work soon, I relly like how it is because I can see evrything while laying in bed, but I need to get it offf the wall. I added some corals on day two, used cycled sand and rock from my 29, and 1gallon of water was from my 29 also. I have on candy cane that was really struggling in my main tank, but looks AWSOME in this one. So I am lead to belive that the 2.5 has better paramaters that my main tank. Maybe a bad thing? oh well will post some pictures when I get home.

Well here is the pic I promised

Full tank.

week1.jpg

And some of my corals:

Some zoa's that I am calling orange widows

orange_widows.jpg

More zoa's

bam_bams.jpg

pinks1.jpg

Well I was planing on this to be an all zoa tank, but seeing how well my halameda is growing I figured I would add a small frag of monti cap, that has just been floating around in my main tank, to test it.

EWF_monti.jpg

I can't belive I have coraline on the sides already. This I my first acrylic tank so I have no idea how to get it off with out scratching it. Any suggestions?

Wow, I cant belive I haven't even posted any specs.

Well it a 2.5 AGA minibow.

I spraypainted the trim and back black. Couldn't stand the TEAL!

For flow it has a AQUA-tech 10-20 HOB power filter rated at 120 gph

(walmart brand will be changing to an aquaclear fuge when I get the money)

Lighting is a 10watt power compact, which will also be upgraded to a 36watt coralife mini.

No heater temp stays right at 76 even at night.

about 1/4 in of sand from my main tank, I think I might change it to black. Good Idea?

and for filtration the HOB has some macro. The main tank has macro which I already had to trim. and about 2 lbs of live rock.

No clean up crew besides some small brittle stars in the rock and a buck of little snails that reproduce like crazy.

I would like to add an invert. of some kind but cant think of anything, just so tired of sexy shrimp and pompom crabs.

I am open to any suggestion and comments and they will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for the tip minimalist. I have already killed the little pest, they just keep popping up, but they don't get big enough to pose a problem before I inject them.

• 1 month later...

Wow, have I really been gone a month? Well there have been alot of changes in this little slice of the ocean, and for that I need the thank my neighbor who watched my tank while I was in Mexico. I moved the tank near a southern faceing window, so that it could get some better lighting until I upgrade, and reaquascaped the rock, again. I also added a small pepermint shrimp form my 29g to help with the a-pest-ia :lol: , he wont be a permanent resident though. I will post pictures as soon as I get back from my favorite LFS "Reef'n'Pond", Im helping a close friend set up his first tank and we are getting live rock today. :)

Well I promised pics, so here you go. Oh, new adition, my friend just couldn'y resist this little perc. so I told him I would hold it for him until his tank FULLY cycles.

Freak left side

left_freak.jpg

Freak right side

right_freak.jpg

full tank shot

2_5_11_23_05.jpg

The xenia/anthelia corner

xenia_11_23_05.jpg

and look at the growth of these zoa's went from 3 - 7+ polyps

7_zoas.jpg

thanks icenine, I lovethem too, but I really love how fast they grow. Perc is getting his own 10g so it is out of my 2.5 until my friend takes him back. Great fish though, just to small a tank.

okay, so my RBTA in my main tank is mid split, and I REALLY don't want two nems in my 29 so I'm thinking about changing my angle for this tank to a bubble anemone tank. Unless I find a good reson to how this would be ditrimental to the health of my daughter rose I will be upgrading my lighting to a Aqualight Advanced Series HQI Metal Halide 150 watt 20000°K fixture and an aquaclear refugium. Will this work? Or should I just stick with what I got going?

Ps. I got rid of the clown he has his own 10g tank all to himself.

• 3 weeks later...

Fishfreak, I cant belive how well the BTA is doing in this small of a tank. For lighting I an using 1 15wt, coralife 50/50 bulb, along with natual sunlight to the south facing window just to the left of the tank. Yes it is a blasto, how did you know its not even in that pic?

Well here it is the one thing I promised my self I would never buy, but $15 for five heads I couldn't resist, and besides they really are nice corals. So these may be my next fav. thing, next to zoa's of course, nothing can replace them.

blasto_12_05.jpg

i knew b.c. on the homepage it showed your pic and it said my first Blasto... just assumed from there...that is was....i think the reason the BTA (is it GBTA, RBTA, or just BTA??) doing well is the sun...lol..i said the same thing about acans. then i bought one and i love them ...except i had a little accident and it bleached...so i need a new one ...lol

Archived