Cultivated Reef

combiSan

reeder79

I used it years ago with a sebae anemone I had. It seemed to be fine. From what I understand they have changed the formulation of it since I last used it. It wokred well, my sebae was splitting on a regular basis with CombiSan feedings and frozen brine.

No personal experience, but I'm not a big fan of their products because I'm not a big fan of "all-in-one" additives that make no mention of the ingredients. Kinda like Marc Wiess' stuff...

From 2LF's website:

CombiSan®

Peter Wilkens' Formula

CombiSan - Full Spectrum Supplement developed by Peter Wilkens. CombiSan is a bio-activator that contains essential trace elements in special compounds easily absorbed by marine organisms and fish. No Nitrates or Phosphates.

Someone wanna tell me what a bioactivator is? and I wonder what special compounds are?

How is this different than their "SeaElements"?

Another example is their "marine snow". Marine snow (the real thing) is such a complex group of macromolecules of indeterminant ingreidents...I just don't know how Julian Sprung can bottle it.

Personally, if you're looking for a trace elements additive....try salifert (soft or hard) or Seachem's reef plus.

Archived