Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

5.5 gallon...tank

cmoreash

Snagged some pics of the 5.5g..This tank was set up in september, and i moved it into my room from school last week.

I Use BioSea salt at a SG of 1.024, and I dose 2.5ml of B-Ionic once a week. I add in phytoplankton and Combovital.

2 MiniJet 404s for movement, 10 pounds of aragonite sand, 7 pounds of fiji live rock. 2x13w PC (6500k and 17000k).

2 astrea snails, 1 homegrown turbo snail, 3 blue leg hermits, and a little red mithrax crab are what i've put in here. I had a small hairy crab, but the mithrax wanted to check out it's insides :*( I've got a 4 stripe damsel i got on Christmas Eve too :) he's small, soooo cute!!!

I still haven't decided what corals to put in here :) anyone wanna send frags to help me decide? :P

I'm want a refugium for this, not sure what to use yet though..want it RIGHT behind it, but i am NOT gonna spend $100 or so for a HOB one...hmm...

whole tank pic:

Sweet looking rock cmore! Nice aquascaping on it as well.... pick up the rock at an LFS or did you order it?

Oh hey, name your fishie Punda Milia... it's Swahili for zebra, hey you said you wanted something "foreign". Walk in the room and say "jamba Poon".... *hears in the background, koowhaa koowhaa, touk touk touk (jungle noises), then the natives go... hey na na na, hey na na na, oooooohm* Pardon me, don't know where that came from..... I think I am approaching toxic levels of creative turkey leftover makings.

glazer, I didn't know you knew swahilian. happy kwanza my brother. cmore, are you going to take a name from somone who named himself after his job at the crispy kreme factory?:D Just kidding I know your name is blazer which you have to war to you job at the one million monkey typewriter factory checking to see when they come up with Hamlet.:D

If the name thing actually annoys you I will call you by your real name, BATMAN. That's right I DO know your secret identity. but riddle me this: Who put the bomp in the bomp-bomp-bomp-sh-bomp? Who put the ram in the ram-a-lam-a-ding-dong? Who put the dip in the dip-di-dip-di-dip?

seriously who the **** is he. I would actualy like to shake his hand.

Ooh, pretty tank. i like your rock setup.

i'm not sure what to name him yet, something foreign would be nice.

My 4-stripe's name is Hank. Seems to like it too...gets all excited and tries to come to me whenever i come near the tank...course, that could be from feedin him too...

This tank has so many big amphipods it's scary. They are gonna take over!!! On a more serious note, does anyone know an effecient way of catching these? I might sell some to a fellow reefer.

sell amphipods? why? most reefers can get them from their tank or alot of them have fuges... i mean how many times do u think u can harvest the amphipods out iof ure tank? its only 5.5 ull deplete the population pretty quick i think, i mean evene if u dont take out all teh ones u can see how much do u have to sell now? yea.... well dude nicv tankvery pretty LR... good lcuk with stocking, btw why not a small sponge? they look really realyl nice sumtimes!

nishant

• 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived