Top Shelf Aquatics

CaribSea Mineral Mud?

BCOrchidGuy

Has anyone tried this product, note that this is not Miracle mud but Mineral Mud. I am thinking of putting it in my refugium when I build it but if it is a waste of money I would appreciate hearing about it before I shell out the coin.

I think all these "mineral" and "miracle" products for refugiums are gimmicks to get you to buy the "latest & greatest" reef products. I've read the contents of this crap, and you'd be hard pressed to find many of them on the ocean floor.

Just my two cents....I'd pass on it.

I think I am the only person on earth that actually baught this stuff. I don't know how I could tell you if it's good or bad. I don't test for anyu of the things it is supposed to contain. you get a GALLON of mud for 25 dollars. that's cheap. Since I wanted a 10 gallon fuge with about an inch of substrate it was a lot cheaper than getting probably 20 or so pounds of miricle mud. that would have cost me over a hundred dollars. I've never even seen it's competitors. neverr had a reef before this one. So I really have no way of judging this stuff.

Archived