Coral Vue Hydros

nUgZ's 10g

nUgZ

Well my buddy at LFS went ahead and ordered another Trimma goby for me after the other one died. I got him last week and he was much healthier than the previous one. They were both about the same size(very small) and half the size of my Redhead goby. The past couple of days I'd noticed that the Trimma had been beating up on the Redhead. This morning I look at the tank and my Porcelain crab is finishing off the Readhead's carcass. I guess it's like the saying...."It's not the size of the fish in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the fish." I like the Trimma better than the Redhead anyways so it's cool. I'll try to post a pick of the new Trimma soon. It's funny seeing a less than one inch fish diplaying and flaring his fins.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A couple new photos for you. I'm battling some flatworms as well as some cyano...slowly but surely. I like to feed my corals more than the average person. I have been considering getting a skimmer and am leaning towards the Coralife Super Skimmer. Should I spend the money??

Livestock: Trimma goby

Porcelain crab

Sexy shrimp (2)

Zebra hermit

Astrea snails (3)

Nassarius snails (3)

Various Zoos, Ricordia, LPS, and a Stylopora.

Now for the pics....

Updated pic of the O.C. Acan.

IMG_18551.jpg

Acan I rescued.

IMG_18601.jpg

Finally an FTS. (not a great one)

IMG_18741.jpg

• 2 months later...
addam4208283

nice tank. i really like the oc acan that you have. i going to have to get me one of those. the brian looks really nice too. keep the new pics coming.

ADAM

I feed the Acans the same thing I feed the rest of my LPS, inverts, and fish...Mysis,Enriched Brine, Cyclopeeze, and NLS.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thanks a lot Addam. I'm sure they'll take a good while to grow out. The green is already encrusted some on the rock so that's a good sign. I'll try to get a decent FTS tonight. Thanks for looking.

Here is the most recent FTS. It's not a great one, but you can see my Trimma goby hovering over the Ricordia at the far left.

NewFTS1500x1125.jpg

An actinic FTS.

NewActinicFTS1800x894.jpg

My Ricodias and some Zoanthids.

RicsZoas.jpg

tank looks great. the rics look awesome, it will be nice to see the tank in a couple months when things grow out. have you decided on what fish to get?

ADAM

This tank will more than likely become a Ricordia or Zoanthid only frag/colony tank soon. I picked up an Oceanic 33 cube during the Petco $1/gallon sale. I'm designing a setup with the cube, a 30 or 40 breeder frag tank, and a 55 sump/fuge underneath. Hopefully I can build the stand soon and start putting together the rest of the pieces. As far as another fish, I'm trying to get a small Yellow Watchman to pair with the Pistol shrimp I've got. I have no idea where the Pistol came from but it's OK with me. Thanks for the kind words Adam.

Archived