Top Shelf Aquatics

Nervous

chufa

Tomorrow I am going on vacation and leaving my tank for 2 weeks. First time I leave it for so long. I told the person taking care of the house and other pets not to even bother with the tank; just ignore the ights as they turn on/off automatically.

I am nervous. I have made a couple of waterchanges and have my SG around 1.024. The tank doesn't evaporate much, though, but I expect it to be about 1.026 by the time I get back.

Anyway, I am just venting off my worries. I hope nothing bad happens.

Same thing here chufa.... only going to be gone a week though.

Person I having staying here at the house is in no way a "fish person" so I have done everything I can think of to insure a no hassle maintenance thing. I even took my drip system top offs which won't make it for the week out of service for fear of improper "tweaking" on the caretaker's part. Just made a mark on the tanks..... post it note "KEEP WATER LEVEL HERE,CHECK DAILY". Water changes are being done tomorrow. Fingers are crossed, hehe.

Cell phone number has been posted on the tanks as well!

hee hee, my tank has been in the care of a friend for a wk now. hopefully everything goes well. i have a top off float switch on the tank and the lights are on a digital timer (which i would recommend to everyone, only $16 at lowe's). he just needs to feed the shrimp, add calc, and feed the clam.

Archived