Top Shelf Aquatics

Worms???

XtraKritical

I purchased a piece of coral in the shape of a branch with brown polyps on it... I noticed it is packed with tiny pink worms (lots of em) than come out pretty far looking for food. So anyway my tang seems to be munching on the branch and the worms are packing the hollow branch with gravel. no biggie... then my feather duster shed its whole crown?! Worms to blame???

ok so now another day i try to move the branch and its kinda stuck on an empty clam shell i have, so with a slight tug with my glass scraper i pull it away and a HUGE Uuugly (tan body green tip)worm hangs half way out!!! is this ummm... what the hell is this thing? what should i do? I aint flushing it it in fear of ... ugh

I purchased a piece of coral in the shape of a branch
Can you be more specific? What species coral did you buy?

The worms are probably bristle worms and are beneficial - all of them. Don't ditch 'em. And no, your worms didn't cause the crown of your duster to fall off.

Hey, I wouldn’t flush it.

I have a friend, who has a friend, who’s sister heard that this guy had a similar worm and flushed it.

Turns out they had a slight clog in their septic system and the worm made it’s way back up the pipes in to the toilet.

Then, the guy’s little brother was taking a crap and apparently the worm entered his anus cavity.

Once there, it attached to his colon and began to multiply. I heard it took several months but eventually all the little baby worms made it to his brain and began eating their way through his brain until they entered his ear canal and exited out his ears on to his pillow as he slept.

Apparently his mom entered the room the following morning to wake him for school, saw him lying in a pool of worms and she died of a heart attack.

He also died due to all the damage done to his brain by the baby worms.

His father remarried a younger, funnier, nicer women and lived happily ever after, so it all worked out good for him.

Not a good thing, don’t flush!

Archived