inTank Media Baskets

Bio Wheel 125 loud

eferna

thegr8tdane

check out the post we had on bio wheels and then decied if you even still want it in.

I don't know where it is exactly but do a search under general nano reef discussion search word bio etc. that should work. It's long with seemily no answer so you may have to choose for yourself as to what to do...

hope that helps

thegr8tdane

Hey Hubu did you at one time have bio media in your tank and then did you take em out? Cause I'm in the process of takin mine out and I wanted to hear how you did it and any other coments about your change in filtration. Thanks,

thegr8tdane

yeah i used to have a floss pad in the filter to take out food and stuff. then i read a bunch of stuff about the bacteria in your filter taking food thats suppose to be for the LR. especially when i have near 12 lbs of base rock turned live, and 8 lbs of LR. so i just took the media out and use the filter for circulation now. thats my 2 cents.

yeah i think i will take the bio wheel out. I wish I only knew that before then I would not have purchased a bio wheel.

Oh well.

well since you have a 10 gal. a filter isnt even need IMO. just use powerheads for circulation. man a 55W PC on a 10 gal. how do you have it set up.

Well initially I had the eclipse dual light hood with 2 15W NO lights. I purchased a 24 Inch Power Compact 1 X55W from Bigalsonline. I know that this is a little big for my tank, it does stick out 2 inches on both ends, but I live with it. I will post some pics when I get them.

The bio-wheel filters IMO are only noisy if the water level is low even a little low will do it. I've never had the 125, but I have two 330's on my 29 gallon african cichlid grow out tank to handle the load from all the fish. I also used to have a 170 that was worthless. I'd try filling your tank all the way up as far as you can and see if it quiets down for you.

Archived