Cultivated Reef

macro shots [picture intense - 56k beware]

reefer21

Originally posted by diverrk

Dude !! Excellent Pics !!  I assume no flash ??

Thanks for the complements. Yes you are correct; I use no flash because of the evil reflection it gives off. Also, all of these pics were taken in a dark room with a tripod stand.

reefer21

Originally posted by xsamx

i have that same camera! How come mine doesnt take pictures like that?!?!?!? Whenever i use the macro settings, everything  is blurred!!

Clean your glass really good (both sides). Take pictures at night with the room lights turned off and only the aquarium lights on. Make sure you set the camera to no flash and use macro mode. Also you need to use a tripod stand. I cannot emphasize on how much a tripod stand really works until you use it. Just my 2 cents

reefer21

EclipseAgent

What kind of tank is that? Also how big is that star.

I am looking for one of those in my 12G NC, but don't know how much he would grow

My tank is a 29 gallon (AGA). I can't measure the star now since he is under the sand bed. But if i had to measure the sand sifting star he would have to be full grown about 1'.

• 1 month later...

I love that bubbly Yuma. Beautiful.

I wouldn't put a sand-sifting star in anything smaller than a 75, but that's just me...Figure they only eat microfauna and a LOT of it. Don't get one for your nanocube.

Archived