Pod Your Reef

switching tanks

vanessa

:( I just upgraded from a 5 gallon tank to a 12 gal eclipse tank...I added a heater and a powerhead. Used the sand and LR from my old tank...while I was transferring the sand and some water...the pump went out on my 5 gal and I could not start it up no matter how many times I hit the darn thing!!! So I ended up having to transfer all of my stuff into the new tank which was only set up for a couple hours. I have a percula and an purple tipped anenome and a couple hermit crabs. Do you guys think I'll lose my fish and anenome because I had to transfer without waiting a few weeks? I used most of the water from the old tank for the new one and the LR and LS.

I also have a question about one of my hermit crabs...when I first got him he would cruise around the tank now he has been sitting in the same spot for days...he's not dead b/c I see him going in and out of his shell and his antenna move around. What's up with him? I put larger shells in the tank to see if he needed a larger shell but nothing. any ideas?

Hmm...I think I would have taken the powerhead out of the new tank and put it into the 5-gal. to be on the safe side.

And crabs are weird - I have a couple that do the same thing - sit in the same place for a couple of days. But I haven't lost one yet.

Archived