Innovative Marine Aquariums

Nass. Snails ate half my Lettuce Nudi

kimura

I purchased a nudi since I've heard great things about them. I've had him for a little over a week now, then when I checked on him the other night my kids said they saw the Nass. snails eating his bottom half! Since then he's been hiding and I don't see him as much when the lights are on. And at night he's always resting high on the glass or on top of the gorgonian.

Do you think he's dying?

Should I place him in a fuge?

Nassarius snails aren't known to go after healthy animals. The lettuce slug is still alive after being half-eaten? Can you actually see damage on the slug? Maybe the kids saw the snails eating something around or next to him and thought they were chowing on him. Nassarius are fairly benign, I wouldn't think they'd attack a healthy slug.

I was wondering if the snails were just attacking on a sick slug. According to the kids, two snails were on the glass in back of the nudi. The kids seen my feed the snails before and they said that the snails were doing the exact same thing to the end of the nudi. So far the nudi looks like it was cut in half. I can't see any bite marks being it's too small and that it had been two days now since the so called attacks. I'm wondering if the nudi was begining to die so the snails began to take care of the body.

So far the nudi moves around but not as fast and not as frequent.

Archived