ReefCleaners.org

suggestions for corals?

willmsbrg

I was wondering about what I might be able to keep in my tank as it is currently set-up.

20H

2-55watt PC's 1 10,000 and 1 Actinic

Water

SG 1.024

Temp 79

Ammo. 0.00

Nitrite 0.00

Nitrate 10

PH 8.2

At present there are 2 clowns, 2 peppermints several hermits, and several clowns.. 1 BIG urchin.. and I see 1 little urchin.. (those bother me a bit ??? )

I have 30-35 lbs of rock and 25lbs live sand/southdown.

2 maxijet 600's

Thanks

My peramiters are the same as yours. Being that my tank is pretty young still I don't have it that heavly stocked. I have been sucessful with a frog spawn frag. some zoos, shrooms and ricordias. The frog frag is a single head frag at current. What I have been doing is gettign the dinkiest little frags I could knowing that the tank is relativley small. So I have a good vireaty and everything is relativley inexpensive, well as inexpensive as this hobby can be. I geeet individualy shrrom polyps and such so that I can have a bigger vireaty plus I get to watch them grow with the tank. Rather than having to frag right away.

Thanks.. I was thinking of smaller items as well.. I do like zoos and may also try a shroom or 2 I will keep you informed as to my aquisitions.. I have seen some heavily stocked tanks here but I will be starting quite slowly with just a few to see how things go..

That is what we did start slow. You have enough to learn to begin with why should you have to learn to frag right off the bat as well. Besides if some thing sont do wll then you have killed a $5 piece of livestock rather than a $45. Plus I think it is fun to watch everything grow into a balance.

Indeed... Plus you folks live in an area I guess where stuff is a bit easier to find.. PA doesn't lend itself to big stores and plenty of items to aquire.. I have one local store I can get things from.. Eventually, when I know my tank is running just perfect. I will order online. For now trying 1 or 2 things from an online store.. the shipping isn't worth the price of the item to buy.. :(

not many stores in pa ! Were are you located in pa? I could give you a few good places That Pet Place,Tonys Reef are my two favorites. Online is good to though i just ordered 45 lbs of rock off the web. Well gona leave for that pet place!:)

JJ

I have been to That Fish Place.. I live in Hanover. I haven't heard of the other place you mentioned. I have ordered online before.. Got my rock and sand online..

Where is Tonys Reef at?

Its in York. He is great for nice healthly fish or some good advice for your tank. A smaller but nice place. If you are intereseted ill get you directions. I to have just purchased live rock online. 45lbs of fiji premeum select comes tuesday!!!! cant wait.

Yeah that would be great.. Thanks..

The rock I ordered from is liverocks.com I got the aquacultured stuff.. has been in my tank since early November...

Archived