Innovative Marine Aquariums

2.5g AGA hood (repost in pico)

noogie

I dont like duble posting but the guys in lighting said to try reposting in pico. so that's my disclamer

I found this at marinedepot.com

http://www.marinedepot.com/md_viewItem.asp...53124&ast=&key=

I was wondering if anybody knows or has experience with these.

Really what I want to do is rip out its guts and put the lights into a custom wooden hood for a 2.5g AGA and the ballasts elsewhere. At 54 USD I could hardy shop the pieces any cheaper.

So anybody ever rip one of these guys down before?

Thank you.

neanderthalman

I've never taken one apart, but in my experience, there's nothing that can't be taken apart. The question is whether you destroy any critical components in the process. Seeing as all you really need from it are the bulbs, bulb holders, and ballast....I think you should be able to do it if you're careful.

Originally posted by Tigahboy

oogie and noogie. hmm.

My cats name is Noogie. My buddies and I found him traped in a sewer inlet behind the bar after a guys night out. Well tippsy people give cats funny names. That is the moral to that story.

Thank you everybody, but last night I went to home depot and found a dual weather proof light assembly. It accepts screw-in bulbs. So I think I am going to go with two of the coralife 20 watt 50/50 bulbs with a parabolic mirror. A friend of mine has access to a glass and acrylic fabrication lab here at the university. so were going to do a glass mirror parabola. That should make things uber bright.

It was eight dollars on clearance. Sorry no camera right now. It is getting a new shutter drive.

But there is no inline switch, might be why it was on clearance:) hehe

I don't know if I want to wire one or just get a timer with a switch. I’m leaning toward the second one. Not because it is easier, but because it seems safer to keep the weather proofing intact all the way to the plug.

Archived