ReefCleaners.org

Pendant Cube Project

rickjg

There is nothing worse than having an old tank lying around taking up space in the storage shed, so I’ve started working on my next project; Alife 7 cube with pendant fixture. I removed the top trim and cleaned off the excess black silicon. The top edge of the glass was polished the with #2000 sand paper to make it nice & smooth. The back chamber area still needs some work though. I have it filled with water just to test for leaks (or explosions). I would imagine you could do the same with a Nano Cube tank

I don’t know yet whether the tank will be nano-reef or nano-F/W planted yet, but I’m kind of leaning toward the F/W planted. F/W planted tanks look sweet with the driftwood emerging from the water surface and an emergent plant or two growing out of the water.

penalife2.jpg

penalife3.jpg

penalife1.jpg

I'm having trouble with very very very thin residue on the top of the my glass... how'd you deal with that?

I tried scraping it with a blade, but it seems to be even to thing for that anymore...

Originally posted by Maeda

I'm having trouble with very very very thin residue on the top of the my glass... how'd you deal with that?

I tried scraping it with a blade, but it seems to be even to thing for that anymore...

Maeda

I scraped off the residue with a utility knife as much as I could, and then I started sanding. I used 600 grit sandpaper to remove the remaining residue (It took some work) and smooth the edges of the glass. Then I used 2000 grit sandpaper to polish the edge. You will get the best results using a sanding block or power sander.

Rick

Archived