SaltCritters.com

Peppermint and Camel shrimps?

TiGs

Hello all. I'm new here and to the hobby. I have not bought a single item yet in starting a saltwater tank, still timid about the whole thing.

I was doing some reading and found something conflicting that maybe someone can clarify the matter.

I read an article here on nano-reef and it stated that camel shrimps are reef safe. I read else where camel shrimp will eat various types of corals and anemones.

http://saltaquarium.about.com/library/blan...901camelshr.htm

So who has the more correct answer?

thanks

peppermint are generally considered reef-safe. Although not 100%. Most (not all) eat Aiptasia, which is a small pest anemone. Camel shrimps are not reef safe. Answer #2 is correct.

yea, they are cool. Every time my arm goes in one of my tanks with one of them in it, it jumps on my hand and runs around it. Kinda tickels. They don't show their faces much during the day, unless you throw in some fish food then they will run all over the place to grab some before the fish. Mine actually pulls a Jesus sometimes and runs upsidedown along the top of the water to grab food. Other then hand or food in the tank, they kinda stay in the shadows.

Archived