Coral Vue Hydros

My Newly Cycled Tank

EclipseAgent

EclipseAgent

Ok, Not much to look at (like some of the others on the site, but what do you think)

tankshot1.jpg

crab.jpg

WHOA gotta resize those.

My livestock is:

2x Astrea Snails

4x Nassirius Snails

1x Emerald Crab

2x Red Legged Hermit

Oh, that is also my clean up crew too.

What do you think?

EclipseAgent

Stats:

1st Chamber - Stock Sponge

2nd Chamber - Carbon

3x Chamber - Maxi Jet 900

Currently I do not have any Rock Rubble for the second chamber, and do not have a heater to add to the 3rd.

There are 12lbs of LR

20lbs of LS

And the diatoms are a lot worse then the pictures show.

EclipseAgent
Originally posted by doncb

Looks like it's coming along. Lots of nice places in theLR to mount stuff. What size is the tank & how long has it been set up?

AH, it is a NC 12G. I have had it setup just about a month and a half.

Last week I added the Clean Up Crew when I noticed the diatom dieoff was getting bad (I used it as the indicator for the end of my cycle, I still waiting for my test kit, which I get tomorrow).

I setup the tank put water / sand.. let it sit for about 2 weeks, then added the 12lbs of LR and let it sit for about 4 weeks.

All, seems to be good now.

once I get a heater, notice the temp stabalize within 4 degrees and test the water, I will get a cleaner shrimp and start looking at some corals / a fish.

I do weekly water changes, about 2.5 Gal's.

I am not getting any other livestock (except cleaner shrimp) UNTIL after my Disneyland trip in November

EclipseAgent
Originally posted by icenine

Nice aquascape, looks like you are off to a great start.

Thank you. I really liked how the Aquascape turned out. I was able to keep everything off the glass (I am not a fan of people leaning the rocks on the glass, because of the pinpoint pressure). I was suprised when the rock was as stable as it is (from the looks of it, you would think it isn't that stable, but even 2 Turbo's and the Emerald Crab pushing on a single rock, doesn't know it over).

I am still trying to overcome some of the Diatoms :( oh well in time. Once I get my test kit tomorrow I can post the parameters.

EclipseAgent

Here are some of my readings

Salinity: 1.025

PH: 8.2

Nitrites: 0

Ammonia: 0

Nitrates: 2.5 - 5 :(

Still trying to get the Nitrates down from the cycle.

I still have a bunch of diatoms (brown algae).

Archived