Pod Your Reef

Please help with metal halide bell pendant

MacnReef

I am considering taking my current 250W bell pendant and taking the bulb and socket out of the bell and putting it into a canopy. Does anyone know if you can wire the ballast to a mogul socket?

If I can wire the ballast to a mogul socket, does anyone have any recommendations?

Thanx

NO.

Chances are you have a VERTICAL BURN BULB.

You can't mount it horizontaly. also look at some of the sponsors

aka helooooooo ! lights.

Cmoreash found a good place by going to gooooooogle and tyoing in search for "Cheep Ass Lights"

try the search button it doesn't "Slice or Dice" But it's Nice. X)

if I have to get a new bulb only, it is still much cheaper than a whole new set-up. I figure I can purchase the socket and reflector for around $30 and a new bulb for around $75. If I buy a new ballast, socket, reflector and bulb. I am looking at over $200.

ya. You could always buy a new unit and seel the old on aquabid or ebay.

Chances are it will be cheeper to do that rather than having to rewire a ballast and hood AND then have the left over parts to deal with. Just ...what I would do in yer situation.

DIY doesnt not always mean its cheaper. some people just like DIY because its fun to do and you learn new things. i m planning on building a calc reactor. its total is gonna probably be around the price i would have to pay for a factory build reactor.

DIY is sometimes more expensive or the same price but I like DIY and in this situation, I got the pendant for a really really good deal that is how I even ended up with it. And now it is time to

DIY

this

MOFO

! :D

Archived