Innovative Marine Aquariums

Merry X-mas Too All HOHOHO

MikeB

This thread is to post what neat goodies(aquarium stuff) you all got for X-MAS.

My wife listened and bought me my 25G aquarium that I kept telling her that I want. And the good thing is I can pick it up so it wasn't sitting under the tree where it could get damaged.

My mother in law didn't know what to buy even though I told her some aragonite sand. But at least she didn't just buy something cute to add to the aquarium (40$ gift cetificate) COOL.

And my parents gave 50$ for the hardware store. Looks like I'll be building my stand soon.

Funny that no one wanted to buy me a RO/DI filter LOL. Or the MH 150W HQI lighting that I want.

Any how MERRY CHRISTMAS too ALL and post what you got good or bad.

Mike

Mike,

I was gonna get you the RO/DI unit, but I didn't have your address. Sorry man.

Here's what I got (below). I'm in the process of building a new hood, so the timing is perfect. Man I love my wife!

It's a spotlight system for aquariums. The LEDs are submersible, but I plan on hanging mine from the hood somehow. I'll post pics in the DIY section when finished - probably be a couple of weeks.

harbingerofthefish

From the company x-mas party and the GF I got $40 in LFS funds. Now I can actually buy something instead of spending every Saturday harassing them :P

And thanks to the GF I'm about to move into the Cult of the 7 Gallon Bow

and then to my suprise and Katies' my brother shelled out for a 29 gal. set-up. Problem is he made the tag out to both of us...she does FW and I've always wanted to do a big planted tank, but damn 29 gallons all to myself...what to do, what to do.

Well harbingerofthefish,

You could do a lot with 29G's if you convince her into you taking the 29. Humm what I would do with a 29G....

Maybe plan another nano reef.

Thanks for the replies guys.

And everyone else keep them comming. :P

Cool ross, I guess as a night light?
Yup - I've seen 'em at Wal-Mart as well. And yep, fer a night light - I'll probably do two - one on each side of the hood pointing down. Or better yet, I may mount the both in the middle of the hood and point them diagonally outward & down. We'll see.

keep the 29 for yourself! (that or buy her out-get her a 10 galon setup for plants!)

FWIW-ross-i'm setting up some of those hi-lite led jobs this afternoon walmart special! curious to see how it compares to absolutc's toy!

the base kit includes one blue and one green led module-seen at right $25-walmart. i bought one extension kit for $9 in blue-they have red for the night creepers! it is mounted nearer the left end of my light above an acro and baby frogspawn.

I'll be building my hood soon and I think those would look good in it.

They seem to light up realy well, what they are pointed at. But do they give enough so that you can see other things in the tank faintly. The pic's are great but they won't answer that question.

The cost isn't too bad for them, bit more than a DIY led's but these are water proof.

Is there a way to take the lens cap off of the bulbs so they are not so "spot" lightish. I would love them if they made the whole tank glow blue or whatever color as apposed to the beams of light.

• 1 month later...

Archived