SaltCritters.com

My new project, 2.5 gallon display with sump/overflow

go4broke44

Looks good!

And, if you want to fix the pics in your previous posts, just edit them (no need to change anything), then save it. It should make the images show up properly again.

theres really only one piece of branch rock in there, and that goes from the rock on the right, to the pile on the left. i like how it sits because it's almost like a shelf, where i can add some frags, hopefully some pieces of SPS.

figured i'd update with a FTS. the frogspawn is really taking off in this tank! the whole left head is getting really big, and i've noticed some new polyps on the xenia as well. all of the zoos in the front now open on a daily basis, everything seems to be doing quite well.

the favia brain is somewhat questionable, do they generally grow pretty slow? it seems the algae likes to grow on it, which prolly doesnt help much.

i've also added the 2 peppermint shrimp from my g/f's tank to this one as well.

DSCN0401.jpg

i have a sailfin goby, its the one with dark red stripes and a yellow face

and yes, my tank is farely new, so i am seeing some undesirable algae, which really sucks, considering im battling hair algae tooth and nail in my 10gal, and now i see it starting to grow in here too. i thought i had did this tank right, using distilled water with tropic marin salt, but its still there! luckily it hasnt proliferated yet, i think i'm gonna get some cerith snails to hopefully clean it up soon.

right now i just have a bag of carbon in my filter, along with my heater and thermometer. i think i might get some of that tropic marin stuff that eliminates phosphates, if only they had one that did the same thing to nitrates too. i do 10-20% water changes weekly, sometimes more often if i'm siphoning out some of the rogue cyano which has seemed to spring up.

Archived