Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Whats the Best Camera for $300

MrMoFo

Hello everyone i have a crappy camera now that just broke X) but o well because it was a few years old and its now time for a new one :) and i was wondering what is the best digital camera I can get for around 300 bucks : any and all help is welcomed thanks.

well im kinda looking for something new straight outta the box with the warranty. how much does a new Canon G3 4 MP run?....im basically just looking for suggestions on good cameras that i could pick up at a local store.

• 3 weeks later...

Try searching for a site called Steve's Digicams. It has a ton of info on cameras..reviews, buying guides, user guides, etc. He reviews them himself. Helped me select my camera, just wish I had more money to spend on one.

i was thinking of about getting this camera... http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?sk...d=1108126065621

But would the 4th one you listed be better since it has more megapixels? http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?sk...d=1099391751809

One thing to keep in mind is pixel size does not make a better picture. It only controls the size of the photo. I would look closer at features than mega pixels. Some of the old profesional digi cams are only 2-3 mega pixels and they take incredible pics but you can't print them very large or zoom in and crop. Any thing 4meg and higher will print very nice 8x10's. The pic below were taken with an inexpensive Fuji FinePix 3200.

DSCF0569Medium.jpg

DSCF0035Medium.jpg

DSCF0005Medium.jpg

ok i found a camera that i love and enjoy using its this one http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?sk...d=1108126065621 has anyone else every used this camera are there some good tips or tricks that i should know when trying to take good marco shots. I have been testing out my skills but im sure i can get better pics just dont know whats the key for those close up shots so any help is welcomed

:happydance: <-- this is my favorite one

so are there any special settings that are typically on cameras that i should know about that would help when taking macro shots? like certain shutter speeds stuff like that ..... :huh:

Well in a not reef related environment. Your optical zoom is very useful and the Kodak you linked has a much higher optical zoom then the cannon digital elf or most of the "pocket" sized cameras on the market. I have a Cannon S500 and love it but the optical zoom doesn't give me much range. So there is a sacrifice in size for zoom usually. From my experience people stay somewhat loyal (unless they hate theirs) to a brand because the interface is similar when they upgrade cameras. If I were using a Nikon and switched to a Cannon I would definitely have to dig through the manual some for the white balance settings and manual controls. Cameras are pretty competitive so I don't think there is going to be one that's just a hands down best buy for the buck. I have a cannon that I love my brother has a Kodak that he loves. He has a nicer zoom but mine is smaller.

Archived