SaltCritters.com

Is My LFS Full of Schtuff

tgrupert

I want to buy a Royal Gramma and my LFS has two. One is in their large tank that they sell overpriced coral out of. They won't sell me that one because they don't want to knock over an overpriced piece of coral. The other fish is in their tank filled with macro algae and they don't want to make a big mess and some other bull spit like that. they won't sell me one that has been nice and healthy for "a couple of months" but they will sell me one if they ghet one in new. I want one that I know is doing well.

Do you think they are completly full of ###### or do other stores refuse to give you the fish you want?

Should I offer them more money? They want 12 dollars, but I'm not even the one who will be paying for it so I really don't care.

My Lfs is also great. Were are you located, if i were you i would not give them the satisfaction of a sale! If you dont mind buying online i bet you could find one online.

they are really great. you might come in wantuing one thing and they will tell you that you are better off buying somthing cheaper. Most LFS will try to sell you the brooklyn bridge. I don't mind buying online either, but I would have to pay 30 dollars for shipping and it is very stressfull to the fish. It would be a lot cheaper to just buy the next one that comes in. also he only wants 12 dollars, the place online is like 13. buying fish by mail just doesn't make scence. besides I can get one from dave relitivly soon when I buy the pump from him.

I came by on friday and they got two new royal grammas. I the one that looked better. It was only 9 dollars which is the "club price." I am now entitled to the "club price." I havn't asked if the corals are still overpriced with the "club pricing." Somthing tells me they are. but they guy who runs the place is great. I saw he has those new cheesy electronic devices that tells you when to change your water and cleen your filter pad. I noticed it cost less than a walmart watch and I don't mean a timex,m I mean a sega watch. When he saw I was surprized that they were cheap he told me that he couldn't sell somthing that stupid with his usual mark-up. He runs one of the few commercialy successfull LFSs that doesn't try to get you to buy ###### that you don't need or simply costs more.

Archived